Honored Contributor

Survivor: Davids vs. Goliaths - SPOILERS

Great start!  I much prefer two tribes to three.  

Love the first challenge and that the Davids got to pick the course.  Plenty of intriguing people.  I was hoping the robot scientist would be Cochran 2.0 but this guy so far hasn't shown a sense of humor but he's a very interesting character.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Survivor: Davids vs. Goliaths - SPOILERS

I thought it was a little slow in parts, then BAM!, what a surprise ending.  I've got to get caught up on all my Survivor website reading.  I'm rooting for the David tribe, so I hope they don't keep losing.  They need some mental challenges.

Honored Contributor

@dawg loverI was riveted throughout.  What did you think were the slow parts if you care to say?

The rain was incredible.  Somehow I had the idea they were going to be taken to shelter since the show description had "cyclone" in it and last time there was a hurricane didn't they take them to safety? but it didn't seem like there was a time gap.

Honored Contributor

@DrKellithanks for asking about me.  Always in for Survivor, still my favorite show.  Last season one single thread took us through the whole season, one thread or weekly I hope there's lots of fun, lively conversation here this season.

***********************************************************************************

Off Topic:  Things have been nuts Chez Lori.  Mom hasn't been well and yet she's healthier than I am and it's really challenging being her sole caretaker.  She took two falls and I even slept in the hospital when she was in, they allow that.  I watch the show when I can and when it interests me which is very intermittent, and I don't look at the thread because it just turned completely negative, not funny anymore, and I was in it for the laughs.  How have you been?

Trusted Contributor

I have to admit I really have enjoyed  watching the Survivor show for many years. Ok I've said it out loud. 

To bad about that gentlemen.  He looked like he was in extreme  pain.

Respected Contributor

@LoriLori  -  Good to see you posting!  I miss you on the DAYS thread, but happy we can connect for Survivor.  I watched last night, and agree, I like 2 tribes better than 3.  The robotic scientist solved that sliding puzzle in record time, that was impressive.  He could be a Cochran 2.0, but hasn't shown the funny side, if any yet.  I'd love to see him and Cochran carry on a conversation.  When he was explaining the algorithm, he talked quite a bit.Woman LOL

I know I shouldn't judge yet, but there are a few people who're already rubbing me the wrong way.  I really didn't care for the cry fest last night.  I realize it's emotional, but they've only been on the island a whopping 3 days max and the floodgates were opened wide.  This may sound harsh, but everyone has a tragic story, to some extent, in their life and I really don't want to hear about it on Survivor.  I say leave that baggage behind for your time on Survivor, give your energy to the game and play it hard!

The ending was a bit of a surprise.

Respected Contributor

Chris was an interesting character. Unfortunately he may out smart himself and get himself voted off. So sad to see Pat leave that way. In the time he was there he did so much for his team. ......  They will probably give him a chance to come back as a player on another season.

Respected Contributor

I've watched survivor since Season 1 and I'm iffy on whether I like this year's theme.  As @IlliniGirl88 mentioned  (unless I misunderstood) it's not always clear cut on those who have experienced hardships on either team - I doubt people highlight their travails in their Survivor tapes when auditioning.

@IlliniGirl88I also agree with having more than a few players I already dislike, and also didn't care for the cryfest. 

I couldn't believe all the Goliaths going on Idol searches before they had a shelter!

Did feel horrible about Pat - glad he recovered and hope he returns on another season.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

The first episode was great. A real glimpse into the human ego. On both sides. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Just a reminder for anybody who is like me and needs to get back in the swing.  I almost forgot to watch last week and I almost forgot it's on tonight.  I'm sure you're all waaaay ahead of me LOL.