Honored Contributor

Surviving Death on Netflix

[ Edited ]

Fascinating from people's own stories.

Everything from near death experiences, to signs from loved ones, hospice and seeing loved ones who have passed, mediums, ghosts, paranormal experiences,grief and people's journeys from total grieving skeptics and needing physical actual proof in order to believe. 

Dr.'s experiences, Cambridge U studies. About 7 episodes.

I've always believed in many of these and skeptical about others but like they say, just because we can't see or understand it, does not mean it doesn''t exist.

We truly cannot and do not understand everything here on earth as we know or see or hear it.

And that's a comforting and hopeful thing I think because it enables us to have hope and to believe that the love we share never does die and will always be there in some wonderful form or another.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

Re: Surviving Death on Netflix

I read about this on Facebook. I plan on watching it when I will have time. I suggest a great movie I watched last night about the subject.

It just popped up when I was looking  for a movie to watch.

"A time for Heaven"

It is a true and amazing story.

Honored Contributor

@Bibione -

I'll watch that, thank you!

And a wonderful book on the subject which you may have already read is Proof of Heaven written by a neurosurgeon, true story.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Had to be revived once in the ED.  It can be very calm and quiet to pass.  Was angry about how rough you are treated to be brought back.

Did not see or sense anyone else, but maybe I needed to be more dead?  You do travel or float and the black is very soft.

Takes away all your fear of next time.

Honored Contributor

I actually know quite a lot about this subject.

I've read a lot of books about NDE (near death experience).

Ever since I can remember and it used to be a joke in my family that strangers would come up to me and say, "I know you" bla bla".  

I'd say, "No, I don't know you".  Often they wouldn't give up.  It used to drive me crazy.  Then I met someone who said I was 'an old soul'.  These are people who's soul traveled with mine.

I totally believe in reincarnation.  Some people think believing in reincarnation is a very bad thing.  However, it's just the opposite.

A simplistic way of describing it is to say your soul comes back to earth to learn lessons and purify the soul.  Eventually, you end up in Heaven (hopefully).  

It's a little (not much but a little like believing in purgatory).

There are a lot of fascinating books to read on this subject.

Here is one:

Closer to the Light: Learning from the Near-Death Experiences of Children  

by  
Paul Perry (Goodreads Author),

Edgar Cayce could predict many things about people and places.  He could look at someone and tell them about an illness they had and didn't even know they had it.  There is a museum down in Virginia that is dedicated to him.

Here is another good book on this subject:
Embraced by the Light  
by   
Melvin Morse (Foreword)

I have been to several people who are psychics. My daughter has also gone, as has my mother and my sister.

When my husband died I went to the psychic.  She said he's telling me what he had on when he died.  (I didn't know this woman and I was the only person who knew what he was wearing when he died, not even my daughters knew that).

She told me exactly what he was wearing down to his shoes, etc.  

Then she said that someone was coming forward.  It was my nephew who's died at the age of 38 of a lung disease.  She said he was telling her about a dog he had when he was little and other personal things about him and his family.

I had no idea if any of it was true because my brother lives quite a distance from me.

Anyway, I called my brother and played the tape for him that the psychic had given me.

My brother said, "That is exactly right.  Everything she said is right".

Then he, his wife and adult daughter drove up and met with the psychic.

It was wonderful because the nephew and his sister had gotten in an argument and he died before they could come back together.  She was able to feel better about their argument and was finally at peace.

I have no idea on what was said....just that my brother said that (however she knew, it was all correct).

I'm not stupid there are people who cheat others and it is hard to understand.  But if any of you had gone thru some of the things I was told, you'd have more questions than answers.

I haven't been on here much.  I'm dealing with my cat Bill.  He's been ill for a few weeks and I'm trying to nurse him back to life (he was very close to dying).

But when I saw this subject, one that is important to me, I had to comment.

Take care ladies and be safe.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched the first 3 episodes so far. The 1st episode was very believable. The 2nd and 3rd about mediums got a little far fetched. 

I believe people have died and came back. A girl I grew up with had a near death experience. 

My friend went to a medium and she told her stuff that no way no how could she have known/googled.  

Sometimes who you want to come through isn't who comes through

I want someone to ask the medium "hey grandma, where are you and what do you see and who is there with you". I want insider info 

Esteemed Contributor

I had forgotten about this.  DD told me about it the other day.  @Annabellethecat66 , thanks for all the info.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 -

I hope Bill will be ok!Heart

Part of this series does deal with reincarnation-incredible experiences from young children, though for them it was a little disturbing.

One of the best most believable books I've read on this subject is Proof of Heaven, written by a neurosurgeon, a total skeptical cynic who died and was brought back to life-and his experiences.

You cannot not believe there is a heaven after reading this-a true and incredible story.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

I read about this on Facebook. I plan on watching it when I will have time. I suggest a great movie I watched last night about the subject.

It just popped up when I was looking  for a movie to watch.

"A time for Heaven"

It is a true and amazing story.

I tried looking for the movie on Netflix and couldn’t find it on the search field, is it not on Netflix 

Valued Contributor

The movie is on Utube. I read the mentioned books.