Honored Contributor

Re: Surprising news on pre-Emmy show on E!

@Lipstickdiva  Apparently, you feel being fat is shameful since just using it as a discretion is shaming. Is describing someone as tall, petite, thin...shaming as well? 

If we comment on a person being attractive with a beautiful body, we are accused of objectifying them.

Honored Contributor

OK, I'm going to say this and I know it's not popular to say this but in my opinion, busting on the person who said something about someone else (each person chiming in) isn't much difference than the person who posted it.

I think it's often wise to make oneself familiar with the person's other posts.  Often if we do that, we are reminded no malice was intended when posting.

Who among us hasn't said things that can be taken (unnecessarily...the wrong way).

I can't remember most people here's moniker; so I have no idea who said what.  There are a few people I remember, but for the most part ..... I don't.

I'm as guilty as other's misjudging others.  However, that's one of the things I'm working on improving.  In other words I don't always say or do the right thing but I'm working on it.

I would rather think if the OP meant to "body shame"....it's better to move on and not 'bust' on them.

If they were coming from a good place and didn't mean any harm....well..again just post what you (the responding poster) thinks about Ms Rancid, comments about having the virus. 

I didn't watch the show; but every now and then I'd check it out.  I like the gowns and they weren't on this year.  

I also can't stand all of the political statements.  I don't care what other's say one way or another.

Anyway, let's all work on not shaming anyone for anything.  I'm really working on it.  Even by posting this...you can see...I'm not doing a good job.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain @Annabellethecat66 I thought very carefully before my initial post because I absolutely understand what you are saying. I don’t respond in this manner very often but this particular issue is personal to me and sometimes I just feel the need to address it, whether it’s my place to or not. My apologies to @ValuSkr and to @KLevineFan for derailing the thread which was about a very serious issue. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@KLevineFan. I'm pretty sure this was an autocorrect, but Guliana Rancid made me laugh. 😆

That is what I think of when I here her last name. I can't help it it's what pops in this head of mine. Much like last week when I heard hurricane or tropical storm Sally I kept thinking of the song Mustang Sally because my husband plays it on the guitar often. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1  You aren't alone; I think that too. For Sally, I think Captain Sully.

When I read, " What are you doing today"; I think of the song, "What are you doing the rest of your life" and then I find it playing in my head.

Honored Contributor

Everyone has 'issues' (for want of a better word) with something.  A human can't get this far in life (I'm heading toward 74) without various 'things' that affected us....think of them as strings we've gathered that are hanging off of us.

I know there was probably (at some time in my life) that I was 'bent out of shape about'/'bothered me', luckily, there aren't many.

OK, wait, I have one that I'm experiencing right now and have been since 2003.

I get really 'bent out of shape' when I say, "My back hurts so bad, you can't imagine".  Then I hear, "Yes, I know what you mean, I had/have  a bad back ache".

WTH?  Are you kidding me?  A boo boo back ache?  Honey, you don't know pain until you fracture 3 vertebras and then later in life break your back entirely.

The 'procedures' I've had done to me would make anyone say, "OK, now I get it".

But I'm no different from any of you.  It's because I'm experiencing it now.  Perhaps to the other person that's the worse pain they've endured.

So, I'm working on ignoring how much it really bothers me and trying to say to myself...."I hope that's the worse pain they ever endure".

I think people apologize too often for expressing their own 'thruth' or 'how they see it (the situation)'.

It always goes back to how a person says it.

I think (on the whole) most people here comes from a good place.

We should all remember that.  After all, we are here because we want to be here.

Have a great day.  My daughter is here from Denver to help me.  I had the nerves burned off of my spine yesterday yet again.

In 3 weeks it will happen yet again.

Frequent Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I have shared a very minor experience like you mentioned.  First, I want to send ongoing best wishes for your back issue to hopefully stay in check... what you have isn't at all to be taken lightly.

I took a very bad fall off a horse when I was 53, and hurt my back.  I decided if I ignored it I could make it go away.  Two hours later I drove myself to the emergency room.  I didn't tell anyone what happened but I was in the hospital 4 days with 11 fractured vertabrae.  The next time I was able to have someone drive me out to where my horse was I had a few people telling me about their back aches they'd had.  It was my horse trainer that jumped in and asked which one of them had fractured 11 vetabrae?  We all still ride but nobody discusses back pain....

Wishing you the best.  I always enjoy your posts!

Honored Contributor

@Hair Today Gone Tomorrow  Thanks for sharing your experience.  I like hearing from other's what's going on in their lives.

Just the idea of falling off of a horse makes me cringe.  The Drs kept saying it's hard to 'break' your back.  So then they decided I might have bone cancer.  Whatever?  I knew I didn't have cancer.  I had no signs of it.

Finally I told both Drs (the one who chisled my back to get the cement in and my regular back Dr that I pushed myself into the stairs.  I tried to get my feet up under me and that caused me to push all this (moving my hands up and down my chubby body) added weight to the fall.  I didn't just 'fall' back.

That seemed to satisfy them.  Actually my back hit one step (the round part of the step) and my head hit the other round part of the step above it.  It knocked me out for a few seconds.

That seemed to satisfy them too.

Who amongst us doesn't have some pain stories to tell?  My daughter tells me I seem to make everything like a competition but you understand what I was saying, right?  Sounds like you do.

I hope you have more good days than bad.  That's what I'm working toward.  I'm sure you are too.

Honored Contributor

OMG!  I just saw the subject on this.  I apologize I've done it again.  I was getting so much better at not doing what I just did.

Please accept my apology...