Honored Contributor

Is anyone else a fan of this show? Did you see the finale?

This is another show with an outstanding ensemble cast. Like Mike and Molly, once the lead - America Ferrera - left to "pursue other interests," it didn't take long until NBC cancelled it. I think it could have gone on, with high ratings, because of the talent of the rest of the cast.

I've seen a lot of shows' finales, but this one really got to me. I sat there crying!

I'm going to miss this cast of quirky people entertaining me each week.

Spoiler
 I could have done without the feet in a bag story line. IMO they could have gone with something that didn't make me cringe!

All this said, the ending was PERFECT!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I watched this show since the beginning. I agree it was a great ending and I enjoyed the quirky characters. I also enjoyed Bless this Mess and it's gone. Both very entertaining and shows that just entertain and aren't thought provoking are very limited. 

Respected Contributor

@Elom 

I loved Bless this Mess too, seems like good ensemble cast and quirky doesn't always last. So far Resident Alien seems to be working, it has been renewed.

Respected Contributor

Re: Superstore- The Finale

[ Edited ]

@Elom

I liked the ending too. Would be nice if they continued a show at Glen's hardware store.

Respected Contributor

I never saw it as I'm an early to bed person, but they had it on during the day a year or so ago and I really enjoyed it. I managed to see the shows last night and what a great cast. I hope it goes in to syndication so I can see all of it from the beginning.

Trusted Contributor

I loved this show and was sorry to see it end. The cast of quirky characters was very appealing to me. I found the ending very satisfactory. Not like some finales, where you are left scratching your head. Some comedies now a days are not even funny anymore, but Superstore always made me laugh-or at least smile. I could just picture those characters working in a real live store. I hope some cable channel will pick up reruns of the show.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

I've never seen the show but saw last night that they were donating all of the items in the store on set to various charities.  Usually set items go into storage, but to see that they are being given to local groups is a really nice thing to do.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Super Contributor

Re: Superstore- The Finale

[ Edited ]

I loved Superstore and the excellent cast.  I loved how quirky they were but you could tell they really had great chemistry.   I thought the finale was awesome.  The last two minutes I was crying.  Sorry to see it go.  I agree the ending was perfect.  

Honored Contributor

Never a fan. Personally, I think the netwoks have overdone 'quirky'... I prefer shows, even comedies, to have some sense of a focus on actual real people... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Elom

I liked the ending too. Would be nice if they continued a show at Glen's hardware store.

@rockygems123 - I agree with continuing it at Glenn's store- that would be great, and the others could drop in once in a while.

They ARE working on a spin-off series with Cheyenne and Bo. I'm not sure how that will work. It doesn't sound interesting to me. It will be an opportunity to bring in a new ensemble cast. They'll never duplicate the best one though!  Smiley Happy