Trusted Contributor

Re: Supermodel Paulina Porizkova On CBS News Sunday Morning

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I feel sorry for her...she put all of her earnings into their joint assets over their relationship ...then RIc Ocasek cuts her out of the will... he said because  she left him.

They were still married at his death.... got married in 1989....divorce proceedings  we're pending.

She was still livingwith him at the time of his death....and was with him after his surgery and was the one that found him dead.  He had a heart condition.  I hope she  gets her fair share. The courts will decide.

I too, feel bad for her, hope the attorneys can make it right. Sure says everything about what type of person he is/was. 👎🏼

⚓️
Honored Contributor

There are legal issues to be considered in having separate bank accounts and, if owning rentals etc, having them divided and owned separately. In the event of a lawsuit against one, the other's assets will be protected. Separate cc are important too especially if one is a spender, the other a saver.

I like having my own money to spend as I please. I don't want to consult and agree with anyone before "getting permission" to spend.

Esteemed Contributor

I've read that he also cut two children out of his will. I feel more sorry for them than I do Paulina, whom he supposedly started seeing while he was still married to wife #2.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I've read that he also cut two children out of his will. I feel more sorry for them than I do Paulina, whom he supposedly started seeing while he was still married to wife #2.

They were children from a previous marriage.  The two children they had together were in the will...just not her.

Trusted Contributor

I don't feel bad for her but I think she should get something. He cut her out of the will because they were divorcing but since it wasn't completed she has to have some rights to something in there. If the divorce had been completed she would have been entitled to whatever amount of their money.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

the home they owned  and lived in for 30 years is on the market. I imagine she will get half of that when it sells. Selling for about 15 million. It has been on the market for quite some time. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure about the laws in the state where they lived, but they were married for 30 years. Will or not she is entitled to a significant part of his estate. They were still married at the time of his death. Unfortunately, the state and lawyers will get a big chunk of the estate.

Respected Contributor

I'm guessing her sons will make sure she doesn't have to live on the street!

Sounds like he battled depression, which can affect the judgements you make and how you act in your relationships.

My guess is that since the divorce wasn't final and they still lived together, the judge will give her something.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

They were children from a previous marriage.  The two children they had together were in the will...just not her.

I realize they were from a previous marriage.  I just think it's sad he left them out of his will.  In an interview for Rolling Stone, he said he'd be on the road for months and forget the names of his kids.  (Joking or not, that's not something a child should have to read.) He said one of his kids was a recovering drug addict and wondered if it's his fault.  

Of course, I wasn't there and don't know any of them, but I feel more sorry for the kids than I do Paulina who still has earning potential and the ability to get some of the estate that she would have gotten through the divorce.  

Maybe those kids were provided for in another way?  Possibly. He claimed Paulina abandoned him, but it seems he did the same to his own kids.  I believe he had 6 with 3 wives.