Honored Contributor

Supermodel Paulina Porizkova On CBS News Sunday Morning

[ Edited ]

I feel sorry for her...she put all of her earnings into their joint assets over their relationship ...then RIc Ocasek cuts her out of the will... he said because  she left him.

They were still married at his death.... got married in 1989....divorce proceedings  we're pending.

She was still livingwith him at the time of his death....and was with him after his surgery and was the one that found him dead.  He had a heart condition.  I hope she  gets her fair share. The courts will decide.

Honored Contributor

Re: Supermodel Paulina Porizkova On CBS News Sunday Morning

I don't feel sorry for her not one bit!

"she put all of her earnings into their joint assets" 17bryf0v13at1gif.gif

When will they ever learn...

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

FYI............you are hearing one side of the story. I've read they've been estranged for years. Not shedding any tears for Paulina P.

Honored Contributor

This article from People is from Oct 2019....explains more about the death of RIc.  Interesting if you want to read....

https://people.com/home/ric-ocaseks-14m-nyc-townhouse-where-he-was-found-dead-is-back-on-the-market-...

Honored Contributor

I don't feel sorry for her at all, not a lick.  I also think she's telling half the story.  She KNOWS exactly why he cut her out of his will and it didn't come as a surprise  to her.  The court will decide what she's entitled to, if anything.  Any woman who has assets and lumps them in with a spouse's, is not a fool.  She's a dam fool.  This wasn't a woman who got married in 1949 or 1959.  She married him in 1989!  

Honored Contributor

I remember Paulina back in the day.  I always thought she was the most beautiful model I had ever seen.  It's hard to know what happened.  They were married a long time.

Respected Contributor

I also feel sorry for her based on what I'm reading.  It sounds like they were still living together, and she was still taking care of him.

We don't know the entire story, but she was married for many, many years, living in the same home and still married to him, so I think she will have a good case. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

They were married for 30 years and had two children. She is entitled to something whatever the situation.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

This is why every woman married or single should have their own bank account. I see so many women who hand over their paycheck to their husbands. My mother knew someone whose husband cleaned out their account, he left her with nothing!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

This is why every woman married or single should have their own bank account. I see so many women who hand over their paycheck to their husbands. My mother knew someone whose husband cleaned out their account, he left her with nothing!

@Jordan2   . My DH and I met and married 40 years ago    and started out with Nothing.... we each made $3.50 an hour.   Funny thing is we were very happy!  We had nothing but life was great. 

Everything was always pooled... over 40 years  of working and accumulating....

Well,  we did quite well for ourselves through the years....   both retired  now and living comfortably.... and today EVERYTHING is  still joint.... pooled together. I never understood these relationships where someone pays this and someone pays that.... we always just payed the bills with our JOINT ACCOUNTS.  Still do.   Can not imagine anything different.