Esteemed Contributor

Very early this morning, I watched episode 2, which I had on DVR.  Not good.  I will give it one more try next week, but unless something changes, I don't think that it will be around very long.  I am surprised that Judd Hirsch has not already demanded some changes in the script.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Super Contributor

Gave up on the first episode ~ apparently the retooling did not accomplish its goal!

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@Lipstickdiva,

The Superior Donut shop reminds me of the hangout on Happy Days.  

That's what I told my DH last night!  All of a sudden it came to me.  I'm going to have to find Happy Days now to see.  LOL 

Respected Contributor

I liked it. I am a Judd Hirsch fan. Love him in Big Bang. It could use some tweaking. I live in an urban area with areas of gentrification occuring and some of the attitudes seem realistic .

@Lipstickdiva I believe the story line is that the donut shop owner began the business in the 50's (Happy Days) and hasn't updated since , so it is retro to that decor.

Contributor

I didn't even realize this was made into a show.  It is based on a play with the same title that I saw on Broadway in 2009.  It was actually really bad.  Michael McKean was the lead.  Is the premise of the tv show about the owner being a Vietnam Vet set in his ways with a young black man as his employee getting threatened by Russian gangsters?  That was the plot of the play.

Honored Contributor

I thought it was cute.  I like Hirsch and Sagal, and will continue to watch for now.

Honored Contributor

Not impressed .... but had to give it a chance because of Judd Hirsch.    Oh well.