Honored Contributor

I just saw @ new New Old Spice Commercial where the ‘regular’ Old Spice guy interrupts a basketball game.

The young guy refers to the older guy as ‘Dad’.

I just looked it up and he’s not really his Dad.

But I was curious how much commercials are costing this year.

Now keep in mind the amounts will vary depending on the written article but the one I read said a 30 second commercial will cost around $5.6 million.

The commercial I referenced is part of an Old Spice campaign promoting a new fragrance.

They are hoping to interest a newer generation by giving them something different to identify with.

Something funny I thought about was maybe they should make it smell like Philosophy’s Amazing Grace.

Why you might ask?  Well....That’s my signature perfume.  I’ve had lots of MEN approach me and ask me what I’m wearing. They’ll say things like, “You smell so good, I’d like to get some for my wife...or girlfriend.”

Just this past week I was grocery shopping and a man came around the aisle corner and said, “I followed the scent down the aisle.  You smell amazing.  What are you wearing?”

He wasn’t flirting, it was obvious.  He just really liked the way I smelled.

It has happened with men and women but even more with men.

Obviously, they seem to very much like the smell.

So ladies if you’re looking for a man ( which I’m certainly not)...I already had the best; lather up the Philsophy Amazing Grace and go where there are lots of men!

Ha!

Honored Contributor

Annabellethecat your are so right.  I was just thinking about when I read your post.  I have had several men out of the blue ask me what I am wearing when I wear amazing grace.  I love Amazing Grace and Summer grace.  Women like it too.I had a woman actually take the time to write it down.

I do love the smell of old spice I always have.  Never run into men wearing it.  I also love English Leather.  I know I know they are old school.  Still good thoughSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I mainly watch the SB for the halftime show & especially the commercials.  I am sadden that the Budweiser Clydesdales are no longer featured. Smiley Sad

Some of the best commercials are shown an hour before the game.  I guess they couldn't afford being shown during the game. Smiley LOL

@sunshine 919  "I do love the smell of old spice I always have. Never run into men wearing it. I also love English Leather. I know I know they are old school. Still good though"

Come to think of it, you sure don't.  I to love the smell of both.  English Leather was very very popular when I was in high school during the 60's.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

The one commercial I would like to see is the Jeep commercial. It is a take off of the movie Groundhog Day and Bill Murray is in the commercial.

And I have only asked women what perfume they are wearing twice in my life. And one time the woman was wearing Amazing Grace. She just smelled so good.

Honored Contributor

When I first met my late DH he was using some odd after shave I didn't care for.

Asked him if he'd try Old Spice as I loved it. He did and that was all he used all the years we were married. After he passed away, he had one full bottle left.

Honored Contributor
My uncle always wore Old Spice. After we moved away to go in the army, I would to in his room at my grandmother’s and could smell the scent of him...the Old Spice. He died about ten years ago,,,and I still remember the Old Spice.
Trusted Contributor

The Google one with the older man remembering his wife had we crying, beautiful.

Valued Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

The Google one with the older man remembering his wife had we crying, beautiful.

Me too!  So touching and moving.  Then the Weather Tech one with the Golden Retriever commerical being treated for cancer followed.  Cried some more.  

Honored Contributor

@Lattelvr : DH said the only commercials I like so far had a dog in it. Southern Bee

Valued Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

@TurnerGal wrote:

Me too!  So touching and moving.  Then the Weather Tech one with the Golden Retriever commerical being treated for cancer followed.  Cried some more.  

@Lattelvr  

That golden retriever is beautiful. He and owner were on one of the morning talk shows last week. He really has been treated for a cancerous tumor growing near his heart and treatment is working. I was glad to hear that.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.