Esteemed Contributor
I think I’ve been missing a few commercials, but I’ve liked most of them so far. The worse that I recall was Pringles.

They showed the Google one on my morning news (along with some others); it had me tearing up then too.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I mainly watch the SB for the halftime show & especially the commercials.  I am sadden that the Budweiser Clydesdales are no longer featured. Smiley Sad

Some of the best commercials are shown an hour before the game.  I guess they couldn't afford being shown during the game. Smiley LOL

@sunshine 919  "I do love the smell of old spice I always have. Never run into men wearing it. I also love English Leather. I know I know they are old school. Still good though"

Come to think of it, you sure don't.  I to love the smell of both.  English Leather was very very popular when I was in high school during the 60's.

@Mz iMac did they show the Clydesdales during the pre-game.   I wasn't home until anear the end of the 1st quarter.

It kinda seemed like there was more commercial time than there was game time.  Hubby was asking about all the commercials about Wisconsin.  I only remember two, the WeatherTech commercial, and the Wilma commercial (which I think was Square One).  

Honored Contributor

I miss the Clydesdales too, especially the ones with puppies. When AB hired a new person to head the advertising department, she said something like, "Cute commercials with puppies and horses don't sell beer." And we haven't seen them since. Every once in a while I go back and watch the older ones on You Tube.

My favorite was the Weather Tech commercial. DH had already told me the story of it too. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I liked the Doritos dance off one best of the one's I saw but I didn't get home until nearly half time so I missed some.

I didn't like planters Mr Peanut nor the Kia one with John Legend and his wife.

Respected Contributor

I think my favorite was Hyndai Sonata - Smaht Pahk but I also liked Google - Loretta, Amazon - Before Alexa, Jeep - Groundhog Day w/Bill Murray, and Cheetos - Can't Touch This w/MC Hammer.  I guess I enjoyed more than usual!

Honored Contributor

My favorites were.....

Jason Momoa taking off his muscles, reducing his height, removing wig, etc.

The boy running across the country w/the football....."take it home."

MC Hammer

My favorite..........

The looooooooooooooong Tide commercial...."The Stain."173836.gif  I thought that commercial would never end.

@Icegoddess  The Clydesdales are no more. icon_exclaim.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I miss the Clydesdales too, especially the ones with puppies. When AB hired a new person to head the advertising department, she said something like, "Cute commercials with puppies and horses don't sell beer." And we haven't seen them since. Every once in a while I go back and watch the older ones on You Tube.

My favorite was the Weather Tech commercial. DH had already told me the story of it too. Smiley Happy

I would tell the head of advertising that the Clydesdale horses sell the brand.  Those were feel good, heartwarming, make you proud commercials.  I really miss those commercials and wouldn't buy Bud because they STOPPED using those horses.  And regarding puppies - heres a newsflash head of Bud advertising - PUPPIES CAN SELL ANYTHING!!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Super Bowl Commercials

[ Edited ]

So happy someone brought up the Clydesdales - I thought I missed them.  Not happy they were retired.  I'm going to hope they will return at some point, if only for the positive press they will receive.  Funny - I had forgotten to mention how much I disliked the Post Malone commercial ... which was a Bud commercial.  Apparently that's what sells beer????

@Mz iMac  I liked how the Tide guy just kept randomly showing up.  When he popped up at the end of what appeared to be a Wonder Woman 1984 ad, I lost it.  Funniest thing I saw all night!!

edited to add:  Budweiser also did the "Typical American" ad, which was very good IMO.  So, it wasn't only the Postie commercial!!

Esteemed Contributor
Hulu commercial for me....loved the teaser
Honored Contributor

I liked the Hulu commercial too, even though for Pats fans it was a nightmare that started with Tom posting a cryptic photo still from the commercial. I loved the NFL 100 with the boy running-my favorite part was Joe Montana and Steve Young telling Jimmy G to carry their bags to the car lol

Also liked the Microsoft Katie Sowers ad, and the Lil Nas X Doritos ad

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"