Honored Contributor

Sunday 8/13/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Yesterday saw the picking of the POV players with Mark and Paul being picked to compete. With Cody out of the POV hunt, the Paul side of the house (pretty much everyone but Mark, Cody and now Elena) celebrated. Cody seemed to care less one way or another. He's just adopted a 'whatever will be will be' approach and is now mingling with everyone.

Cody and Kevin had a talk early in the day where Cody revealed his brother dying and also that he had a daughter. Cody swore Kevin to secrecy and Kevin agreed only to then go and blab it to Paul and Jason. Paul thinks it's all a lie to get sympathy from Kevin and is trying to use it against Cody. (It's not a lie.)

Then came the POV comp. This was the prize and punishment comp where the first person evicted gets the POV, then has to see if anyone else takes it from them. The last prize is typically the worst punishment. Matt ended up with the POV,  which despite being on the block he's planning to use on Jason instead of himself so they can backdoor Cody. Matt thinks he, Raven and Paul will be the final three. (Yeah, right.)

The punishments went to Paul, who had to pair up with another houseguest as tandem skydivers for 48 hours. (He initially picked Cody but Cody said no, then he picked Christmas who agreed.) Jason got the Extreme unitard. Every time a horn sounds he has to say "I am so extreme." He says the unitard weighs fifty pounds. Matt won the Outback dinner for selected houseguests. (Raven was drinking a beer from his prize and managed to chip a tooth, further increasing her injury count.) Mark won a one week trip to Colorado. 

Then came the big prize and the big punishment. There was $5,000 cash that Alex took and a punishment of having to pitch a tent and cook hotdogs for the house on a little propane stove whenever a bugle sounds for a week. Elena won the comp and opted to take the $5,000 from Alex and leave her with the punishment. Alex was not happy about that. Apparently she and Elena had made a side agreement partway through the comp not to give the other one a punishment, but when Alex took the money, Elena decided to forego that side agreement and take the money and give Alex the punishment.

So we've got a somewhat unhappy house now with Christmas and Paul tethered together for 48 hours, Jason stuck in a unitard for a week, Alex in a park ranger outfit pitching a tent and cooking hotdogs for everyone for a week, while Elena sits and counts her $5,000.

And speaking of Elena, she's finally talking about playing BB. She was telling Mark they should "go rogue" and nominate Paul and Alex if they win HOH. I'm not sure Mark is okay with that, but Elena now seems to be seeing where the game is going and wants to shake up the power in the house. She and Mark had a long chat over game strategy and Elena knows what she's doing. She also knows she and Mark, and Matt and Raven are big targets for Paul. She thinks she can get Matt and Raven on board with them. (Not likely. Both are still fully under Paul's control.)

Mark and Elena are pretty good competitors in comps however and both now know they're the next targets for the house while everyone else feels pretty safe. We could see one of them win the HOH in the double eviction and make a move. Mark seems to still be targeting Josh (which is dumb as Josh is likely no threat to win) but Elena may be targeting Paul and Alex which could make for a very fun show on Thursday.

If Elena wins HOH on Thursday, Paul will be quickly on her telling her who to nominate (likely Matt and Raven) which Elena may then be able to use to get their votes to evict Paul. (Assuming she really has what it takes to 'go rogue' and nominate him and Alex.) If she can get the votes of Jason (who likely won't vote Alex out) Mark, Matt and Raven, it would be goodbye Paul. That would really shake up the house in a big, big way.

I suspect Mark and Elena would also have to win the POV to guarantee Paul would stay on the block as his sheep would likely use it on him, but this coming Thursday's show could be pretty entertaining if things break just right.

Of course, there's still the chance the house decides to keep Cody and vote out Elena. Alex seems to be in favor of that now with Josh always in favor of that. Paul still feels threatened by Cody, but if he gets word of Elena wanting him and Alex on the block, he might just change his mind about that. I don't expect any big surprises before Thursday. Matt will use the POV on Jason and Cody will go up opposite Matt and Elena and likely Cody will go to the jury.

It's possible that a smart player (if one exists in this house) could use Matt's devotion to Paul in putting up Cody instead of using the POV on himself, as a weapon against Matt and get the votes to evict Matt to weaken Paul. Christmas, Kevin and Mark would be three votes. Where would they get the fourth vote? That would likely only be possible with Josh and a longshot at that, but it might be an interesting move. If they then allied with Mark, Cody and Elena against Paul, Jason, Raven and Alex things could get interesting. With Alex unable to play in the HOH comp and Raven likley shaken by losing Matt, it would be down to Paul and Jason to win HOH against a pretty formidable group. Sadly that likely won't happen. 

Expect to hear lots of grumbling from Alex as she gets called to pitch her tent and make hot dogs for the house over the next week. Seeing Elena walking around punishment free and with $5,000 won't help her mood any. Josh is still actively pitching Elena as a target and he may just end up getting his way if things break just right. If Elena approaches the wrong person about uniting to take out Paul and Alex then Paul could decide she's a bigger threat than Cody and flip the house on her.

Things could get interesting this week. They probably won't, but they could.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

Re: Sunday 8/13/2017 Big Brother 19 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Thank you Gman for the little bit of hope that Cody might stay.  I would like to see the better half of Cody's personality come out.  After all anyone who volunteers to protect me and my country can't be all that bad!

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

We have Have Nots again this week. They're Mark, Paul, Kevin and Jason. They were selected by BB for how they finished in the HOH comp. Paul's asked for the key to the locked boxes, so we'll see if he gets the pass or an extra week of being a Have Not.

Alex is already planning to take a really long shower while someone washes and dries her outfit. She gets pretty sweaty setting up her tent and grilling the hot dogs, but she can't change the outfit unless she's in the shower, so she's planning a very long shower while her outfit gets washed and dried.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Super Contributor

DVRed BBAD last night for the first time.  It is an interesting different perspective from the CBS aired shows.  Cody doesn't seem like as much of a jerk here and is actually interacting with everyone.  Maybe not being part of a Showmance he can get farther in the game.  The CBS shows seem to play up the drama and animosity a lot more.  Josh and Elena had a nice convo and Cody was interacting normally with Paul.

I do think these "punishments" suck.  The making hotdogs/campsite one is horrible especially since it is a week.  Xmas and Paul having to be strapped together wearing those stupid suits is also bad especially since Xmas is on one foot but at least ends tomorrow night.  The Xtreme one is bad too but probably not as intrusive as the others.  What kind of sadist at CBS comes up with this stuff.  I can see why Alex is upset - maybe if Elena made her get one of the lighter punishments she wouldn't be as mad.

Respected Contributor

I think the fixing hotdogs punishment is a lot better than the one shelli got in bb17 where she was the castle guard and had to hit targets 2400 times.  and every hundred rounds she had to go in the house and yell the castle is safe.

but I know everyone won't agree with that.

Promo Code BB19SALE   cbs might work until 8/18

Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

I think the fixing hotdogs punishment is a lot better than the one shelli got in bb17 where she was the castle guard and had to hit targets 2400 times.  and every hundred rounds she had to go in the house and yell the castle is safe.

but I know everyone won't agree with that.

Promo Code BB19SALE   cbs might work until 8/18

And Brittany's soccer ball kicking punishment was brutal also. Alex's is a lot like Paulie's pie baking punishment last year. It's annoying but not overly dangerous.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Contributor

Paulie's was a piece of cake (pie) compared to Alex's.  She's gotta carry all that ****** around, set it all up, cook, knock it all down, wash & repeat!!

Respected Contributor

do the have nots get to eat hotdogs and if they do --- do they have to be plain?

Promo Code BB19SALE cbs might work until 8/18

Super Contributor

@tweetcakes157 wrote:

Paulie's was a piece of cake (pie) compared to Alex's.  She's gotta carry all that ****** around, set it all up, cook, knock it all down, wash & repeat!!

That is the bad part - not the cooking.  The putting up and breaking down PLUS making hotdogs.  Plus she has to wear that backpack all the time...and she gets sweaty and has to only take off the uniform in the shower...and I think she has to keep the hat on in there.  Kinda gross.