Honored Contributor

Sunday 7/31/2016 Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

The following is a special announcement from the National BB House Forecasting Center: The countdown to the arrival of hurricane Davonne is now underway. Storm forecasters are predicting this to be a category five storm of unprecedented scale. The storm is expected to start impacting the Big Brother house late Monday afternoon and build in intensity until it reaches its peak on Thursday night. Viewers in the vicinity are warned to expect dire threats of revenge, tears, accusations of disloyalty, rage, and the possibility of thrown objects. Forecasters are warning that there is a possibility, even a likelihood that the storm may turn around on Thursday night and return to the vicinity of the BB house and continue to batter the inhabitants for an additional week and possibly longer. If you find yourself within the BB house viewing area, you should stay tuned for the latest outbursts. 

When last we left the house Bridgette and Paulie were two pawns on the block just waiting for the POV to be played so one of them could come down and Paulie's real target, Davonne could go up to replace them. Yesterday's drawing of the POV players worked out well for Paulie in that Natalie, Corey and Victor were drawn to play. Multiple house guests are now claiming to have thrown the comp to Paulie who emerged victorious. The first parts of Paul and Paulie's plan have been sliding into place nicely for them so far.

The next step in the plan is for Paulie to use the POV on himself, take himself down and then Paul will put up Davonne since she volunteered to be a pawn. News that Davonne volunteered to be a pawn will likely come as something of a surprise to Davonne since she didn't really volunteer to be a pawn and Paul has assured her she's not going up. Davonne has managed to convince herself that Paulie's not even using the POV and will stay on the block so they're sure they get Bridgette out. (Davonne's a bit out of the loop on this and James and Zakiyah haven't filled in the blanks and are letting Davonne stagger into this completely blind.)

In a house of eleven people, ten are aware of the plan to backdoor Davonne, at least to some extent, while only Davonne remains in the dark. Michelle and Zakiyah are hoping to find a way to swing the votes to save Davonne, but the odds of that are pretty slim. It would take at least four votes to force a tie then Paul would break the time. At this moment, barring Nicole and Corey breaking free from Paulie's mindmeld (and truthfully the only two people in the house not in Paulie's odd little cult are Natalie and James) the only likely votes to save Davonne would be Michelle, Zakiyah and possibly James. Natalie has promised Bridgette she won't vote her out and Nat's word is generally pretty solid. Victor seems solidly with the guys not knowing or caring apparently that he's the fifth person in their four person (Paul, Paulie, Corey and James) alliance. That pretty much means they have to get Nicole and Corey on board with saving Davonne, and it should be pointed out that both Corey and Nicole know that Davonne has been pushing hard for one or both of those two to go up and be voted out. The odds favor Davonne being voted out in Thursday night.

In a rare surprise, the house guests got alcohol last night. Being the sober, intelligent group they are, they immediately got pretty sloshed. Nicole managed to get drunk enough to fall out of the hammock and Paul was so sloshed that Nicole, who was barely able to walk herself, had to help him stagger into the house to talk to Paulie. Paulie and Corey being Have Nots got to watch all of this go down without partaking. I suspect the house will be fairly quiet today as they sleep off the effects of last night and recover.

The house went into a bit of a fitness frenzy yesterday as they realized they were letting themselves go a bit. Natalie and Michelle are lamenting their current physical state. In fact Michelle laments just about everything from her weight to her hair color to her fingernails, to the air she's breathing. We may need to end up adding a new phrase to our vocabulary, there's Debbie Downer and now Moping Michelle. There was lots of running, weight lifting, exercising and general physical activity with the exception of Davonne who mostly sat and watched everyone else working out.

The house should be relatively calm today unless someone informs Davonne of the pending danger. Not that there's a lot, or anything for that matter, she can do about it. Davonne will go up tomorrow since she volunteered to be a pawn. ("Say what? When did I volunteer to be a pawn?") The house is expected to tell Davonne that the plan is to still get Bridgette out, but Davonne will know better.

Things will start to get interesting after the POV ceremony tomorrow. Paul's power will be done, so the house can regroup and reorganize itself with no further fear of what will Paul do. (By the way, Paul may be the first house guest ever to wear out  his HOH bathrobe. The guy is living in it. The good news is it does help muffle his shouts a bit.) Zakiyah and Michelle can try to fish around more actively for votes to keep Davonne and vote out Bridgette. They likely won't succeed. They'll need Davonne and Nicole to make peace with one another and neither of those two is overly forgiving or trusting. 

The ideal scenario for this week, at least from this viewer's perspective, is for Davonne to go on a rampage, expose everything going on, wake up a few of Paulie's acolytes from whatever spell he's got them under, then have Julie open Davonne's envelope revealing the round trip ticket and have Davonne return to the game breathing fire, win HOH and look for victims. As much as Davonne has wanted Nicole or Corey out, I doubt that she'd waste an HOH on them at this point and would instead target Paulie and Paul. Watching those two scramble would be a lot of fun.

Should Davonne not have the magic envelope and the round trip ticket then Michelle and Zakiyah are the next two targets for Paul and Paulie followed by Nicole. They want to use Bridgette to put up Michelle and Zakiyah, knowing that Bridgette and Michelle aren't exactly best buds. What the big dummies don't know is that Bridgette is still close to Natalie and Natalie knows Paulie is the leader of the house. Their pawn (Bridgette) may just end up getting one of them thrown out of the house.

And we have a show tonight! On tonight's show we'll see the HOH comp play out, the arrival of Natalie's Care Package. Then the show will end with the nominations. It should be a pretty good show.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Sunday 7/31/2016 Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@gardenman

If Davonne considers that she may have the round trip ticket, and may re-enter the house, do you think she might keep herself under control, and not explode on anyone, after being back doored?

Honored Contributor

@CaliKat wrote:

@gardenman

If Davonne considers that she may have the round trip ticket, and may re-enter the house, do you think she might keep herself under control, and not explode on anyone, after being back doored?

That's a good question. I would think anyone getting the boot now would be trying to lay the groundwork for an army when they came back in. If you're being backdoored this week and you get right back in, you'll likely be backdoored again next week if you just lay low. She can't lay much lower than she's been laying, so now would be a good time to go on the offensive.

If I'm Davonne, I spend the rest of this week blowing up Paul and Paulie's games, try to divide the house against them, scoop up Michelle, Zakiyah, Bridgette, Nicole, Corey, James and Natalie and make sure those house guests know that if I came back that Paul and Paulie would be my targets and even if I don't come back, they should be your targets. They'll go to the final two together if you don't take them out. Remind the house that Paulie's been coached by both Cody and Derrick and Cody made the top two and Derrick won. Unless you want to join her in the jury, you'd best get those guys out as soon as possible.

Davonne needs to secure allies in case she does come back into the house. Right now she's largely on an island. she needs to get off that island and move Paul and Paulie onto the island in her place. I'd even reach out to Victor and remind him that Paulie was behind Victor's leaving. Chances are she knows how upset Victor is with the goodbye message Natalie gave him, she can tell Victor that Paulie said far worse things about him in the house before and after he nominated him. Davonne was still an active member of the Eight Pack back then and heard and saw everything.

Davonne's best strategy right now is to assume the house wants her gone, but hope she's got the right ticket for the round trip. She needs to prep the house to get rid of a bigger target than her if she comes back. Paul can't play for HOH this coming week, so she needs to subtly, maybe not so subtly, pin the bulls-eye on Paulie and Paul to the rest of the house. She needs to set things up so that if anyone but Paulie wins HOH, that Paulie is a target, either directly or through the backdoor. 

Will she do that? God only knows, but it's the smart strategic move to make. Set up the house in case you return, while trying to get the votes you need to stay this week. She'll do the math pretty quickly and relaize she's not getting the votes she needs this week, so then all that's really left is to set up the house in case you come back. She knows she's got envelope number eight and that Ocho Rios is one of the clues. That's a pretty good omen for her.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman, please please write another humorous book like "The Campaign."  It's an understatement to say you're funny.  The hurricane warning!  The bathrobe!  The bathrobe muffling his sound!

It appears like the game is afoot but I'm still not convinced.  I'm afraid Paulie will pick off everybody like Derrick did and skate to the end, boring us all in the process.  I hope I'm wrong!

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori 

I need the right inspiration for another book like "The Campaign." I'm just not sure I have the right story in mind now. I toyed with making the former reporter in "The Campaign" into a returning character where he goes behind the scenes at a local TV station that's undergoing a certain amount of chaos and reports on things from inside the station. He ended up there promoting the book and movie version of the Sassi Sausage debacle and the station manager thought it would be a great idea to recruit him to write a book about what really goes on in the local news business.

In the Philly market we had some strange stuff going on behind the scenes with a male anchor using a key logger to get his female co-anchors passwords, then distribute photos he found of her to gossip columnists. We also had several anchors and reporters involved in affairs with one leading to a car being keyed when the partner refused to return a hair dryer. There are always hungry up and coming young kids in the business who will step on, drive over, or sleep with anyone to advance their career. 

I toyed with the idea of an older, former hot young thing whose career has plateaued and is now anchoring the four AM newscast teaming up with a new hot young thing to implode the station, expose secrets and take back the prime time news desk. The question is, how would he be able to uncover all of it? Does the now plateaued anchor let him in knowing there's no such thing as bad publicity and fills him in on everything as it's going down?

The ingredients are there. The potential is there. There are plenty of backstabbers in the business who would be only too thrilled to bring down their rivals. I'm just not sold on the idea yet. It's percolating away in the back of the old head though, so who knows? You might see it yet.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman, how about a book of anecdotes, essays and short pieces?  Your observations are keen and you write hilarious, at times ironic, sometimes laugh-out-loud funny prose that would be well served by nonfiction.  

Honored Contributor

I've been thinking about season 19 of Big Brother. They could go with a full cast and just eliminate the down time to finish before Christmas. As the show now sits, Thursday ends one week and starts the next. Thursday you start with a new HOH. On Friday they have the nominations and either the BOTB or Road Kill type comps if they have a comp like that. Then on Saturday the POV comp. Sunday is an off day. Monday is just the POV ceremony. Tuesday and Wednesday are off days.

There are essentially four days off in a row if you assume the POV ceremony isn't much of an event. Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are all just sit around and kill time days for the house guests. If you aired a show daily and or nearly daily, you could accelerate the whole season quite a bit. One of the biggest complaints of the house guests is all of the down time. By airing the shows on demand you could take away much of the down time.

You could probably squeeze this 99 day season down to a seventy day season without a lot of trouble. The big issue would be never seeing the yard for the house guests. The yard would always be either being set up or torn down for comps in that type of schedule. You'd almost have to have a separate competition arena or very, very simple comps that could be set up and taken down quickly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman, how about a book of anecdotes, essays and short pieces?  Your observations are keen and you write hilarious, at times ironic, sometimes laugh-out-loud funny prose that would be well served by nonfiction.  

I could go that way. I've got quite a few humorous tales to tell. I'll have to think about it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@gardenman, I want to hear them!  And I bet everyone else does too!!!

Valued Contributor

Zakiyah..... YOU are the biggest floater in the house!!!  Who are you to name the floaters????

I can't stand her!!  Get her out!!!!