Honored Contributor

Sunday 6/30/2019 Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Well, that was a bit crazy. Yesterday morning saw the houseguests all pretty much in line with Sam (truck driver) using the POV on Cliff (older guy) with Kemi (black girl) going up and being voted out. Then Christie (new age, nose-ring, HOH) had a talk with Kathryn (crazy, fast-talking Texan) about how she wasn't sure she could trust Jack (Aquaman) because she saw Jack and Kemi talking and she didn't know what they were saying.

Kathryn, being Kathryn couldn't keep that conversation to herself and mentioned it to Jackson (GI Joe/Rock-Em Sock-Em Robot guy) who immediately told Jack about it. Jack and Jackson then played the role of Robert Mueller to find out who said what when, where and why. Kathryn was cornered in the HOH room and interrogated/bullied by Jack and Jackson to tell them exactly what Christie had said. (The big point of contention was did Christie say Jack called in Kemi or did Kemi call in Jack.) At this point Kathryn was largely reduced to a babbling fool, more so than normal anyway, and was just saying anything to try and escape.They could have asked her if she shot JFK and she'd probably have admitted she did even though she hadn't been born yet.

Jack, not the smartest fish in the pond, decided he could no longer trust Christie. (Basing anything on what Kathryn babbles is a really bad idea.) Christie then showed up and got interrogated and tried to patch things up with some success. Everyone but Kathryn then left the HOH and Kathryn went off in search of Holly (wine expert and safari guide and Kathryn's closest ally at this time besides Jackson.) They met in the back bedroom and Kathryn babbled her story to Holly who assured her everything would be okay. Nick (tattooed therapist) then found them in the room and asked what they were talking about. Kathryn said they were having their periods. Nick reminded them that they were having their periods ten days ago when they entered the house producing a fresh stream of unintelligible babble from Kathryn that eventually drove Nick away. (Who knew Nick was tracking the periods of the houseguests?)

After repeated efforts by pretty much everyone to assure Kathryn she was safe, things seemed to calm down a bit then Christie went into crying breakdown mode over not wanting to put up Kemi (the Diary Room may have just casually mentioned it would look bad if the first two evictees were the black houseguests, even though David was evicted by their comp and not the houseguests.) Christie then kidnapped Sam to the HOH room and did her crying, "I don't know what to do, so why don't you just pocket the veto and we'll keep the noms the same" routine with him. Sam wasn't thrilled with this idea having already promised Cliff he'd use the POV on him and also promising Kathryn she'd be safe no matter what.

After what seemed like a decade of discussion they decided the smart move was to use the POV to save Cliff and put up Ovi in Cliff's place and vote out Ovi, saving Kathryn. They think this will be the least messy way to go. (The DR probably isn't thrilled that they replaced the black girl with the brown guy, but we'll see if they intervene again to save Ovi.)

Meanwhile, back on the babbling lunatic front, Kathryn wants to walk away from the game, but BB won't let her. (Or so she says. They will let you, but you have to insist and they won't pay your stipend and you have to reimburse them for the costs, plus they just leave you on the sidewalk outside the studio with your bags. They really don't want houseguests just wandering off. If you're going to quit, they make you pay.)

So, at this moment, and it can change at any time, Sam will use the veto to save Cliff. Ovi will go up in Cliff's place and Ovi will be evicted Wednesday. 

Pretty much everyone in the house wants Jack gone and hates Jack at this time. That probably has Alison Grodner pulling her hair out. Her Aquaman look-alike, who's really her preferred type of houseguest, possibly leaving in the near future? YIkes! They'll figure out a way to get him back in the house though if he does get voted out. 

It looks like the long, long week one will end with no Have Nots as that didn't happen yesterday. We'll find out on tonight's show more about the Whacktivity comp and who won that. I think Cliff, Isabella (Chinese girl) and two others participated in it week one. The belief is that Isabella won it. Christie wouldn't mind putting up Nick, but thinks Isabella may have a power to save him if she did then she'd have to put up someone else and she doesn't want too much blood on her hands. (Nick and Jack's name came up as options to put up as replacements.)

Tonight's show should be the last show where we see stuff that we didn't see on the feeds, so the surprises should pretty much end tonight. From here on out we'll know more of what's really happening all the time.

Alliances are all over the place. There's the six, eight and ten person alliances featuring Jack and nearly everyone else. There's one, maybe two all girl alliances, possibly more. There are final two and final three deals all over the place. We have half the house stressing out and going slowly insane despite being in multiple alliances. It's a very messy season where half the people in alliances don't know who else is in their alliance. (Isabella seems especially confused as to who she's allied with. "Wait, who's in this alliance?") Oh, for the good old days of Foutte versus Level Six. Two clearcut alliances competing against one another makes life so much easier for all involved.

Don't forget we have the show tonight. We'll finally see what the heck the Whacktivity comp is all about. We'll see the nominations. We'll see some more of the stuff that happened before the feeds went live. We'll have to see how they edit the show to see who's getting the hero edit and who's getting the villain edit. (The house thinks Jack's the villain right now. I'm not so sure production agrees with that.) I suspect Grodner wil be more inclined to give Jack the hero edit, despite him largely being a zero. It should be an interesting show tonight.

The feeds today should be relatively calm. They might do the POV ceremony today, but they typically do it Mondays. Ovi going up and Cliff coming down really shouldn't surprise anyone too much. WIth the slight exception of Ovi. He thinks he's probably safe. The first three days of the live feeds have been pretty darn interesting. I htink much of what we see from Christie is a show. She seems most honest with Holly and Analyse. You don't get the fake tears and "What'll I do?" from her around them. Then she's more cold and calculating and plotting things out with the other two girls. The Diary Room segments tonight could be entertaining and informative. Here's hoping they mute Sam's microphone in the DR. His shouting in there gets a little tiresome. The one's Tuesday and Wednesday may be even more informative.

Lots of houseguests are giving other houseguests lots of information to use against them down the road. Nick told Sam and Isabella that he's been lying to pretty much everyone. Christie's told way too much to too many people that she'll have to explain away down the road. There's lots of very messy game play this year that can be used to get people out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sunday 6/30/2019 Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

@gardenman,  over the years you have made references to the Diary Room perhaps influencing decisions, as you did this morning with "then Christie went into crying breakdown mode over not wanting to put up Kemi (the Diary Room may have just casually mentioned it would look bad if the first two evictees were the black houseguests, ".

If a houseguest ignores the "guidance" given in the Diary Room, particularly repeatedly, do you think there are repercussions to the houseguest ?  I'm thinking along the lines of pressure on other houseguests to go after the non-compliant one(s), stacked competitions, etc.

You've indicated that attempts are made to get some degree of protection for favorites from the Diary Room but what about the when someone ticks off the Diary Room?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@gardenman,  over the years you have made references to the Diary Room perhaps influencing decisions, as you did this morning with "then Christie went into crying breakdown mode over not wanting to put up Kemi (the Diary Room may have just casually mentioned it would look bad if the first two evictees were the black houseguests, ".

If a houseguest ignores the "guidance" given in the Diary Room, particularly repeatedly, do you think there are repercussions to the houseguest ?  I'm thinking along the lines of pressure on other houseguests to go after the non-compliant one(s), stacked competitions, etc.

You've indicated that attempts are made to get some degree of protection for favorites from the Diary Room but what about the when someone ticks off the Diary Room?

Are there repercussions for ignoring the DR's guidance? Probably. The DR is typically staffed with psychologists and pyschology students who could use their influence to turn the house against you if you didn't play along with their wishes. We've also seen audio leaks from the DR where a private session with the DR is broadcast through the whole house which creates problems for the person in the DR who said something they probably didn't want the whole house to hear.

The DR has a lot of influence in manipulating the houseguests. Let's say they ask "Are there any showmances that you're aware of?" You answer no. They then say, "So, you don't think Jackson and Kathryn are in a showmance?" (Strongly implying that they are.) They can then follow up by asking, "Don't you think it's wise to break up a showmance using your HOH?" Suddenly you come out of the DR thinking, "Maybe I should break up Kathryn and Jackson." If they then call in your closest ally and play the same game with them and you talk to them later and they echo your newfound belief that you should break up Kathryn and Jackson, then it's bad for Kathryn and Jackson.

A lot of houseguests know full well what the DR does and can see they're being manipulated, but they cast enough gullible idiots to be able to influence some of them. Production is there to make the best show possible. They don't mind some controversy as long as it gets them more viewers. If they have to steer the game a bit, well, those things happen. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Aha! We've got puppy cam! That means either the POV ceremony will be taking place, or maybe a lockdown for Have Nots. Nothing terribly exciting on the feeds today so far.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

It appears to have been the POV ceremony. Everyone's hugging everyone else and no one seems upset. Kemi seems happy which likely means Ovi's the replacement.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon BBfans! Smiley Happy

Yes, Christie just told Kat she's going to go talk to Ovi and tell him he's a pawn but that she's safe so to just go along with it. 

Wow, for someone who said she'd been 100% honest yesterday today is certainly a new day.

"Oh, Ovi, we all love you so much so don't worry. Kat's burying her own game so just let her keep going. She's unbearable and is constantly awkward with all her tears. But you, Ovi, you're amazing. You bring light and life to the game" and yada, yada. yada.

She's even telling him she had no idea Sam was going to use the veto so she was blindsided, didn't know what to do, and is starting in with her "This isn't the Jack show" routine. 

When I was a little girl I had a Chatty Cathy doll. For years she talked when I pulled the string on her back. One day the string broke and Cathy never spoke again. I wonder how many people in the house wish there was a Christie string they could break? The girl never stops talking. Smiley Very Happy

She's kind of a wonder though. I mean, how does she keep all her stories straight?

Honored Contributor

Yeah, Christie's an interesting player. She's quite the chameleon. It'll be interesting to see how she responds when she's not HOH. If she goes on the block she may just implode. I'm enjoying watching her. Her, Analyse and Holly are a pretty deadly trio, but Analyse and Holly are keeping a lower profile while Christie is living in the spotlight. I think they truly want an all girls final five or six, but aren't admitting it outside the group. Christie is really playing hard but it's a complicated game she's playing.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

A little disappointed in Christie.  She talks way too much and will trip herself up soon enough, that’s for sure.  Not sure anyone there is a good game player right now.

Since Kat wants to go home so bad, you would think they would just vote her out and put her out of her misery.  She must be the “emotionally unstable” one for this year.  I think with all the psychological testing, they would have known they would have a problem with her.  But again, maybe that’s what BB wants for ratings.

Honored Contributor

Christie's fascinating to watch. You don't hear her mentioned as a target much. Kemi, Jessica, Kathryn, and Nicole seem higher on the hit list right now. If people start comparing notes she could be in a lot of trouble, but she's keeping her stories to the girls pretty similar and her stories to the guys pretty similar, and with the guys not really talking game with the girls and vice versa, she should stay pretty safe. I don't think any of the girls would nominate her. I don't think Sam, Cliff, or Tommy would nominate her. So she only really has to worry about Jack, Jackson and Nick, but Jack and Jackson have bigger targets. Nick could be pretty dangerous to her if he won HOH.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree they should have just let Kat go home. Last night she just kept saying she wants to go home and she misses her friends. I hate it when someone like that stays in the game while someone who really wants to be there gets sent home. If she ends up staying maybe she'll come around but, at this point, she seems unstable.

I also wonder, like you said G'man, what we kind of player we'd be seeing in Christie if she wasn't HOH. It will be interesting to see what happens when there's a new sheriff in town. I'm not even going to say who I hope it isn't. If I learned anything from Kaitlyn last year it's to only manifest the positive. 

jk!

I'm not so sure Analyse is a deadly player--or maybe you mean she could be as part of a group? All I've seen from her so far is that she's a "Yes" girl. Anything anyone says to her, regardless of what it is, gets a "That's true. I totally agree. Good idea." Not a lot of substance so far. She sure is pretty to look at though...and sweet. I like her.

Holly I'm not so sure about. Another beautiful girl but very quiet. What I like about Holly in comparison with Sis is that Holly is 100% on to Jack's game. Sis, on the other hand, is kinda digging him which makes sense. She's enjoying the flirtation and Christie is kind of pushing it. I hope she doesn't let him manipulate her. 

This year I like the girls better than the guys. There are a few guys I really like though...Cliff, Ovi, and Tommy. There was a sweet moment this morning with Tommy and Sam. As they were putting up the awnings (I swear there must be 25-30 of those things!) Sam said he thought his family would be at church. Tommy asked if he missed them and Sam started to cry a little and they hugged (that in itself was adorable because Tommy is so short and Sam is so tall). Anyway, sometimes when Sam's with all the bros he's not one of my favorite people, but in that moment it was a side to Sam we rarely get to see and it was nice.