Honored Contributor

Did anyone see it early this afternoon (Thursday 5/25).  I was getting ready to go out but I had to wait for the end of the movie.  I love that movie with Sandra Dee and Troy Donahue.  Sandra Dee's mother was a witch (she played her part well).  This movie is an all time classic.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I watched most of it today - love that movie!  Have seen it countless times and still enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

I remember seeing that movie with my grandma when I was a kid when it first came to the movie theater. I loved TD and really enjoyed that movie. Wish I would have seen it today.

Respected Contributor

I didn't know it was on TV today.  "Summer Place" is one of my all-time favorite movies.  And the music, The Theme from Summer Place is my favorite song; I could listen to it all day, literally.

Honored Contributor

Re: Summer Place (movie)

[ Edited ]

I think Constance Ford played SD's mom in that movie. It's a great movie. IMDB would tell for sure.  (I thought it was Shelly Winters first).

Honored Contributor

Yes, I happened upon it when it began. I ended up watching it again all the way through! The movies is so dated but a real delight to watch! How things have changed..... when she mentioned how they couldn't go to a motel for the night because they'd be asked for a marriage license. Wow. Sandra Dee was such a beautiful young lady! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

TCM just aired it a few weeks ago on a Sat sfterrnoon, I saw it for the 10th time then.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was about 15 yrs old when this movie came out and I was so in love with Troy Donahue, loved his blonde hair and oh his voice!Heart

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My beautiful mom died when she was 28 and I was nine. As a teenager, I discovered her book, seen here, copyright 1958. Thought I'd share it. 🙂

IMG_0491.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

I didn't know it was on TV today.  "Summer Place" is one of my all-time favorite movies.  And the music, The Theme from Summer Place is my favorite song; I could listen to it all day, literally.

Me too--a favorite movie and my favorite song.  I remember the actress that played her mother was on a soap opera--I think it was "Another World."  Great actress.   Such a great movie and song!