Honored Contributor

Starting this Saturday, the movie 'Sully' is airing on the various HBO channels.

I really don't go to movies anymore because I don't like crowds, so I've been waiting for this to come on premium cable.   Yay!

Honored Contributor

We don't have HBO but just saw the movie ( library loan).  What a calm and collected person.  I had no idea all the finger pointing that was done, but he prevailed.

Honored Contributor

I loved that movie, Sully is quite a man. I read his book Highest Duty.

I'll watch that again on HBO. Amazon has it but I don't think it's Prime yet.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. Just set the DVR for Saturday.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

We don't have HBO but just saw the movie ( library loan).  What a calm and collected person.  I had no idea all the finger pointing that was done, but he prevailed.

From what I understand, the fingerpointing was added to *add* to the movie.  Maybe not all of it, but some at least. 

I heard this a while ago and it kinda turned me off.

What he did was absolutely miraculous.  Nothing needed to be added.

I'm sure I'll be corrected about this if I'm wrong.  And that's okay, just means I read some misinformation here, that's all!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm, I wish they wouldn't change the facts to add more drama when telling true life stories.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm I don't think you're wrong about that, I read the same thing when the movie was out in theaters.

I read the book so long ago that I don't remember the details-but that's one way to get the story directly from him.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt. Thanks, I would like to see this and I don't go to the movies either.

Honored Contributor

Glad to help!  I figured there were others who either hadn't seen it yet or have and would want to watch again.  I've been waiting for it to come to HBO or SHO.

I just happened to start an HBO show I had recorded and, just before it began, there was this promo bit for the movie coming to HBO on Saturday.  I was so stoked, having waited all this time.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt, thanks for the post on Sully.  I've not seen this movie, but will definitely be looking at HBO this weekend to watch.