Super Contributor

Re: Suits...sick of this ongoing feud

Suits once was one of my favorite shows, but that was long ago and far away. I forced myself to stay with it last season, hoping that it would improve, hoping that it would give me a reason to stick with it. When that failed, I hoped that this season, Suits would improve.

It hasn't.

Where are the once-compelling plots and sharply written dialogue that were so initially so enticing?

I'm not buying this Harvey versus Mike feud for even one minute. Why is it dragging on and on, when as momshan so accurately indicated, it could've been dispensed with in an ep or two? The only rationale that I can embrace is that the outward appearance of these two former colleagues now turned adversaries is part of a larger plan that's yet to be revealed.

Despite it seeming like torture to watch each week, what I do like about the current season, is Louis. Who knew that he was once a thespian? I thought it was wonderful how he helped Donna prepare for her performance. Louis in Elizabethan garb was priceless!

Among the most welcome cast additions are Neal McDonough and Eric Roberts, two fine actors who aren't seen nearly enough.

Respected Contributor

I also don't like this season as much. It seems to me the story lines are getting very complicated and difficult to follow (at least for me). And I don't like the continuous feud between Harvey and Mike, who were at one time, best buds. I hope it ends soon and Mike goes back to working with Harvey at the firm.

I love Louis! He is so funny - what a great actor! He's the guy you want to hate but really end up loving. I'm glad he's getting a little bit more screen time each week.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

I like the show however, I'm 2 episodes behind. It's the kind of show you really have to pay attention to in order to understand what is going on.

I agree with you about the feud. I assume you are talking about Mike and Harvey. I also adore Louis. They've had good fun with this character. They've shown his tenacity, his vulnerability and his off beat sense of humor.

I just haven't been in a hurry to catch up on the episodes mainly because I don't like the way they make Mike's girlfriend to seem like (everyone wants her). I don't know what it is about her but I don't care for her. I keep saying to myself, "I'm being silly", but she's just too 'perky' and full of herself.

Anyway, that's my take on the show. There are just so many I'm watching. My friend I eat with said, "Annabelle, how do you find the time to watch these shows?" I said, "Somebody's gotta do it". Ha!

No, I did say, "Look, there are other people who like TV as much as I do. We pick what we like best and then work our way downward". This season of Suits is working downward for me. I'm disappointed. I liked it better when Harvey and Mike fought the fight together not with each other.

I have to wonder how many others agree with some of us. I wonder if their numbers went down this season.

Super Contributor

Remember when it didn't require a Wharton M.B.A. or advanced studies at the London School of Economics to follow and understand the plotline of Suits? All that financial stuff made my head hurt.

It would be wonderful if producers returned to those good old days. Once again, this season of Suits is disappointing and confusing because the financial machinations are so complex and intricately woven. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the U.S. Tax Code and S.E.C. Regulations handy to decipher what's happening.

I'm also wondering how anyone can move immediately from being a fake attorney to being a real stockbroker/investment banker or whatever Mike's supposed to be without missing a beat? Mike swept in and was handed oversight of a multi-million dollar deal and no-one batted an eye. Wouldn't verifiable credentials be needed in his new job? Why hasn't anyone demanded to see his license?

I want my favorite couples back together: Harvey and Mike; Rachel and Mike. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing Donna and Harvey in a relationship outside of the office.

And Louis - poor little Louis. While he needs a love interest to replace Sheila, he's back to being the tenacious pitbull that had been subdued (neutered?) last season. As much as I thought I wanted a kinder and gentler Louis, it just wasn't the same. Something wasn't right. It's good to see the old feisty, snarling cage-fighter back in his element. Perhaps that's specifically because he doesn't have love in his life now that Sheila and the beloved cat are gone.

Respected Contributor

Finally the show has gotten good........The last show was awesome.

Honored Contributor

Well said keri. You said what I would have said, but you said it better than I did.

Respected Contributor

On 7/22/2014 annabellethecat said:

No, I did say, "Look, there are other people who like TV as much as I do. We pick what we like best and then work our way downward". This season of Suits is working downward for me. I'm disappointed. I liked it better when Harvey and Mike fought the fight together not with each other.

annabellethecat (love your name by the way). I totally agree. I hate this ongoing fued with Mike and Harvey and they were so much better as a team but that storyline was a deadend as Mike either had to actually go to law school or quit. I worked on Wall Street and should be familiar with the storyline this season but I have no idea what the heck they are talking about. As Keri above stated, you need a degree from Wharton. This is just too confusing. I also am tired of it being dragged out. I cannot imagine what is going to happen with Mike since he was fired. If he goes back to the working with Harvey it is a complete circle and it does not make any sense. Am very curiuous to see the next step in this show. I also Love Louis, his character has so much depth.

Like you, I love my tv. I tape everything, AMC, regular series, TV Land, etc. Watch when I cannot sleep or when it is raining outside.

Super Contributor

Call me shallow, but last night's (07/30/14) episode of Suits, had me riveted. Perhaps it was because there seemed to be enough of the relationship drama to balance the mind-numbing financial machinations that have dominated this season.

(WARNING: If you haven't yet watched the most recent ep, DO NOT READ what follows)

Mike's back with Harvey, but it remains to be seen whether he and Rachel can/will reconcile. I thought it was great how Donna and Louis played intermediaries for Mike and Rachel. Both have been such tough cookies from the start. It's refreshing to see another dimension of their characters. Did Jessica really fire Jeff Malone? Ouch - that could get ugly.

I hadn't noticed until last night that both Gabriel Macht and Patrick J. Adams are both listed in the credits as Producers. That must be a perk that all stars get after three years, in addition to luxury trailers and such. I wonder if there's a "most favored nations" clause: whatever one gets, the other must receive, too. When they make these stars producers, how actively "hands on" are they? How much authority do they really have in matters of casting, script approval and such?

I've watched Suits since the start, but I've never been able to figure out what they're saying in the song we hear at the beginning of each episode. Does anyone know if this is an original composition? Can you decipher the words?

Frequent Contributor

Keri, I'm with you. Finally, the story line took a new turn! Don't know about producers but I sure would like to know what the song says. I think it's name is "Greenback Boogy"

Respected Contributor

Wow! I just watched the show from this past Wed. (I taped it) and it was fabulous. I don't want to give anything away from those who have not seen it but it was the best show this season so far. Like Keri, above, I was also riveted, cannot wait until next week. Louis was wonderful as well as Harvey