Esteemed Contributor

Suit Alleges L.A. Attorney stole to splurge on "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Erika Jayne

A federal lawsuit accuses prominent Low Angeles attorney Thomas Girardi of stealing funds owed to relatives of plans crash victims to underwrite "a public image of obscene wealth" for himself  and his wife , pop singer and "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Erika Jayne.

The lawsuit alleges that Giradi embezzled proceeds of settlements that plane manufacturer Boeing paid out as compensation to dozens of families earlier this year. The suit was filed Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Chicago by Edelson PC, an Illinois law firm that worked with Girardi representing the vicfims' surviving relatives.

Tom has resorted to embezzling the proceeds  of the settlement that should have been directed to his clients--including the widows and orphaned lost loved ones in the tragic crash of Lion Air Flight 610  -- in order to continue funding his and Erika's lavish Beverly Hills lifestyles, according to the complaint.

The Lion Air Flight crashed in the ocean off Indonesia in 2018, killing all 189 people on board. The plane was a 737 Max, the jet that Boeing subsequently grounded due to problems with its anti-stall software.

The suit contends the divorce "is simply a sham attempt to fraudulently protect Tom and Erika's money from those that seem to collect on debts owed by Tom" and his firm Girardi Keese .

Respected Contributor

Re: Suit Alleges L.A. Attorney stole to splurge on "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Re: Suit Alleges L.A. Attorney stole to splurge on "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star

@elated.  You've got to wonder how this jerk thought he could get away with such a massive embezzlement?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I hope he loses his shirt. What a horrible thing to do. I wonder how much Erika Jayne knew. Whatever it takes to back her fake music career and hiteaglwm squad. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@elated.  You've got to wonder how this jerk thought he could get away with such a massive embezzlement?

@Kachina624 RHOBH Star Erika Girardi Says She Spends $40,000 a Month on Hair, Makeup and Clothes

she probably forced him to steal to keep her happy

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised.  This type of embezzelment happens more times than you think. 

icon_coffee.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It reminds me of the extravagant lifestyle Teresa (RHONJ) wanted and her and Joe both ended up in jail.

Respected Contributor

Until proven guilty, he's innocent.  It's a terrible ugly accusation.  One would think he could have sold off something to make ends meet if he was in dire straits.  

Aren't the "housewives" paid well?  If he did steal, is he using her expenses as his excuse when there may be a different story?  

Honored Contributor

@elated Wow! I lived in Southern California my first 62 years and was a legal secretary during most of the 70s. I remember Tom Girardi well, he knew my boss. Of course in the South Bay in So. Cal. most good lawyers did know each other.

He was highly regarded and well respected. What a come down for this guy. Wow is all I can say.

Frequent Contributor

I thought they were getting a divorce?