Honored Contributor

Suggestions For Movie Series

I have found that I walk on my treadmill more when I watched the series, Downton Abbey. I need to be more faithful to my walking. Could anyone suggest another series similar or as good?  A 30 minute walk seems like 15 minutes to me when I'm involved in a good story!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions For Movie Series

I can tell you some of the series that I've enjoyed watching.  Some on regular cable, some on Netflix and Disney Plus. 

West Wing.....my husband and I binged watched this.  Sometimes we'd be up till 2 a.m.  because we just had to see what happened.

Grace & Frankie (Netflix)

Victoria (PBS)....Haven't been able to find it again since the pandemic.  I just don't think it's coming back but what they did was good.

Black List (NBC)

Bridgerton (Netflix)

The Queen (Netflix)....haven't watched this yet but heard nothing but good things about it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jubilant wrote:

I have found that I walk on my treadmill more when I watched the series, Downton Abbey. I need to be more faithful to my walking. Could anyone suggest another series similar or as good?  A 30 minute walk seems like 15 minutes to me when I'm involved in a good story!!

@jubilant   The original all Creatures, Great and Small.  I found it on ebay for an inexpensive cost.  I have DVDs of lots of series, but they are not similar to Downton Abbey, which I also have.

The original The Fugitive is a great series.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Downton Abbey is a hard act to follow.

Some of my favorite series are:

Grace and Frankie on Netflix

Dallas

Bones

Law & Order

Law & Order Criminal Intent

West Wing

Falcon Crest

Knott's Landing

Edited to add: Revenge

Honored Contributor

Masterpiece Theater and Masterpiece mystery has been quality TV for decades. For example, tonight I will watch three series that have been on, three hours of great acting and story lines which have me totally focused and involved in the stories.  That would keep me exercising.  There are so many good movies on TCM and Netflix also .  

Respected Contributor

Ozark (Netflix)

Outlander (HULU)

Handmaids Tale (HULU)

beware...you will get so engrossed you will walk for hours 😏

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy @mousiegirl @On It  @spiderw @bmorechick 

Thanks so much.  I appreciate all these suggestions and now I will go look them up!

Valued Contributor

Billioins - its sixth season just became available

Contributor

Netflix --QUEEN OF THE SOUTH . do not miss this one.

Contributor

Virgin River on Netflix or Sweet Magnolias also on Netflix. If you're into police procedurals NCIS or Criminal Minds.....and you guessed it, Netflix.