Valued Contributor

Stupid question regarding Paramount +

I recently signed up for Paramount + eventhough I said I was not paying any more to XFINITY (Comcast) but I had interest in those two Yellowstone spin offs and also wanted to check out Tulsa King. Now, I record EVERYTHING I watch because I like skipping through things. So I know I can "stream those shows" BUT is there a way to record each episode. I have not figured a way to do so. Streaming is OK but I prefer looking at my list of recorded shows------as it serves as a reminder of what to watch.

Thanks for your response and not thinking me too stupid.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Stupid question regarding Paramount +

[ Edited ]

i just say the name of the show into my voice remote from xfinity.

the show comes up and there are boxes to choose.....episodes, record, remind, +, and parental guide. you can choose to record new episodes only or new and repeat episodes. once you make your choices, just click on confirm.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

NOT a stupid question.  I suggest you add the shows you like or may like to your own list you can create inside Paramount +.  That way you can easily see your list plus the "new episode" tag that Paramount adds when an additional episode airs which you haven't watched.  That works well for me.

Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

the show comes up and there are boxes to choose.....episodes, record, remind, +, and parental guide. you can choose to record new episodes only or new and repeat episodes. once you make your choices, just click on confirm.

That is somewhat how I would do it but it doesn't seem to work for me with Paramount +. I record everything else but can't figure why I can't do with Paramount +. Thanks for your time.

Trusted Contributor

Found this on the Paramount+ site.

paramount+ dvr.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QPrincess wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

That is somewhat how I would do it but it doesn't seem to work for me with Paramount +. I record everything else but can't figure why I can't do with Paramount +. Thanks for your time.

you are welcome @QPrincess .

not sure why it is not working for you? are you signed into paramount+ on your tv/comcast account?  i say the name of the shows 1883 and tulsa king and 1923 and they all come up to record or remind.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

There are no stupid questions.  We ask questions here for info and the people here (most of them) are very informative and helpful.  So ask away.

Honored Contributor

Nearly everything on Paramount+ is available on demand, so it's essentially like you DVRed it. You can create a watchlist (they call it "My List") for shows you want to keep track of. Though they're pretty good at keeping track of the shows you typically watch. What's harder on streaming channels is skipping the commercials like you can with a DVR. More often than not you have to endure the commercials when streaming unless you pay a premium for commercial-free service.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't want to pay anymore for my cable either....the bill is high. But we absolutely love the Yellowstone series, and the spinoffs. So I ordered the Paramount plus with the commercials, for $4.99 a month. It's definitely worth it! The commercials are much less than on Hulu, and there's so much more to choose from. I could spend that on a coffee at Starbucks.....so for the money, so worth it. We watch the Mission impossible movies, and Top Gun Maverick movies uninterrupted. 

Valued Contributor

A lot of times Yellowstone and the spin offs are on the regular cable Paramount channel.I won't pay for the + channels..my bills are too high already with Spectrum