Honored Contributor

Stupid Progressive commercial with Motaur man

[ Edited ]

I just do not understand the one with the  man that is half man, half motorcycle.  Just why? Especially the one where he is at the health club and says to the other customer TELL IT TO THE RAIN.  So dumb. 

I do not find any of these half man commercials persuading me want to get their insurance at all....in fact it makes me not want to buy it. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Stupid Progressive commercial

I agree. It doesn’t appeal to me either. 

Contributor

Re: Stupid Progressive commercial with Motaur man

All this time I thought they were Geico commercials.  They surely lost money with this theme.  

Honored Contributor

The Motaur is a take on a Centaur which is half man, half horse.  He says tell that to the rain because apparently he can't ride/drive in the rain, and of course it makes not sense.  I commented recently on my FB that I found it interesting in another one of those commercials that the Motaurs out in ithe wild all had helmets on, but the civilized one doesn't.  Most of my friends had no idea what I was talking about.

The Liberty Mutual one was just on with the kids unwrapping their Christmas presents that starts out with the lady saying studies show that people remember commercials with nostalgia.  I told my husbend they also remember the ones that annoy them. Maybe that's the whole point.  

Honored Contributor

Progressive makes some good commercials but, I agree, the one with motaur man isn't one of them.  I've enjoyed the ones with Zoom calls, Dr. Rick (becoming your parents), and Browns' QB Baker Mayfield and his wife (living at the stadium).

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Progressive makes some good commercials but, I agree, the one with motaur man isn't one of them.  I've enjoyed the ones with Zoom calls, Dr. Rick (becoming your parents), and Browns' QB Baker Mayfield and his wife (living at the stadium).

@ValuSkr  I agree about the Dr. Rick ones....they are funny and cute!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess i haven’t seen the Progressive one yet, but there’s not been a single Liberty Morning Mutual that hasn’t turned me off.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

The Motaur is a take on a Centaur which is half man, half horse.  He says tell that to the rain because apparently he can't ride/drive in the rain, and of course it makes not sense.  I commented recently on my FB that I found it interesting in another one of those commercials that the Motaurs out in ithe wild all had helmets on, but the civilized one doesn't.  Most of my friends had no idea what I was talking about.

The Liberty Mutual one was just on with the kids unwrapping their Christmas presents that starts out with the lady saying studies show that people remember commercials with nostalgia.  I told my husbend they also remember the ones that annoy them. Maybe that's the whole point.  

@Icegoddess I absolutely hate that commercial. I think it is so dumb.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I don't like them either .. But the Dr. Rick ones are hilarious ...

and soooo true .....

Esteemed Contributor

I like commercials that make me laugh.  And I get a real kick out of the ones about trying not to become your parents.  Such as, not moaning when you sit down, not pointing out someone has blue hair, not telling the waitress your name, and so on.  They make me laugh every time, even though I have seen them over and over.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead