Respected Contributor

Re: Stranger Things, Season 3: no spoilers!

Finished watching all the episodes last night. 

I liked Season 3 way more than Season 2. I love the adventures of Steve and Dustin, they add some much needed humor to the darkness of the show.

I understand that the show hasn't been renewed yet for Season 4. If it is renewed, the Duffer brothers have said it's likely that the show will end after Season 4 or Season 5. 

If the show doesn't get picked up for Season 4 I think the last episode could serve as a series finale. If the show does get picked up for another season, I hope they come up with something different in the way of a storyline. How many times can we watch the portal being opened up and waiting for El and the gang to save the day? As much as I enjoy the show, it's beginning to get repetitious.

Make sure you watch the POST CREDIT scene in Episode 8. I never sit through the credits but I read about the scene and went back and watched it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt Although I disagree that the final episode could serve as a series finale for a few reasons, I do agree that each season is pretty much the same. I thought I read that the intention for season 4 is to go outside Hawkins.  I did not read that the series would end after season 4 or 5, but I’m kind of happy to hear it.  I like when a show has a clear objective and doesn’t continue just because it can.

I heard the ratings were seriously crazy (like 18 million had already watched the entire series by the end of the weekend, over 40 million had watched at least one episode.) I’m sure the series will continue as long as the creators would like!

Respected Contributor

@Alter Ego  If the show won't be renewed for another season, I do think the last episode was a fairly good wrap up for the series. Except for that cliffhanger in the post credits scene - that really whet my appetite for more!!

With high ratings and the Duffer brothers always intending to do another season, I'm confident it will be coming back.

You may enjoy reading this article. It mentions the 'broad strokes' for season 4. It seems that the Duffer brothers always intended the show to last 4 seasons, possibly going for a 5th season. I do hope they stick to their original plan and not let Netflix drag the show out past its welcome.

WARNING to anyone who hasn't watched the show yet. MAJOR SPOILERS .....

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/duffer-brothers-stranger-things-season-210600151.html

Honored Contributor

Two more episodes to watch, spreading it out.

"Pure Michigan"
Frequent Contributor

Watch the post credits scene very carefully.  You might get something for the next season that will be very important.  I hope this doesn't set the "spoilers" on fire.