Respected Contributor

Stranger Things Renewed For Season 4

Season three became Netflix's highest watched series release, with 40.7 million fans tuning in within four days of its July 4 launch.

And with 18.2million households finishing the eight episode series within that time, it's no surprise the streaming service have signed on for season four.

Monday saw Netflix announce they had made an 'overall deal' with the creators and show-runners, The Duffer Brothers, to a multi-year film and series overall deal, which is reportedly worth a whopping nine figures, according to THR.

'The Duffer Brothers have captivated viewers around the world with Stranger Things and we're thrilled to expand our relationship with them to bring their vivid imaginations to other film and series projects our members will love,' said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer, Netflix.

'We can't wait to see what The Duffer Brothers have in store when they step outside the world of The Upside Down.'

The Duffer Brothers, twins Matt and Ross, 35, also shared their excitement and new venture with the service.

'We are absolutely thrilled to continue our relationship with Netflix,' they began in their press release.

'Ted Sarandos, Cindy Holland, Brian Wright, and Matt Thunell took a huge chance on us and our show -- and forever changed our lives. From our first pitch meeting to the release of Stranger Things 3, the entire team at Netflix has been nothing short of sensational, providing us with the kind of support, guidance, and creative freedom we always dreamed about.'

'We can't wait to tell many more stories together -- beginning, of course, with a return trip to Hawkins!'

Dates and casting for season 4 are yet to be released.

Since it's debut in July 2016, the series has collected 18 Emmy nominations, winning five of them.

Additionally, the young cast have all seen their profiles drastically rise with large pay rises also negotiated.

Millie Bobby Brown, 15, the series' break-out star, reportedly managed to make $350,000 per episode in season three - on par with adult stars, Winona Ryder and David Harbour.

The UK native's teenage co-stars, Finn Wolfhard, Gaten Matarazzo, Caleb McLaughlin and Noah Schnapp, reportedly increased their salaries by 12 times from season two, earning $250,000 per episode.

Honored Contributor

Re: Stranger Things Renewed For Season 4

[ Edited ]

Love this show.  GS and I watched every season together, although Season 3 we haven't finished since he works now.  I did finish it but rewatching with him when he has time.

I just love Hopper and Dustin the most. 

Lego has a Stranger Things kit.  We bought it .

Image result for lego stranger things

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I was just asking my husband last night if there will be a Season Four Stranger Things.  I'm really glad it's coming back.

Trusted Contributor

My grown son told me about this show a couple months ago and said I should watch it. I was hooked from the first episode and watched all 3 Seasons in about a week. I watched the last episode of Season 3 twice and cried like a baby each time. I'm so happy there will be a Season 4!! 

Super Contributor

I don't like watching this type of show but my teenage grandsons convinced me to watch it with them.  I was hooked.  We watched  Seasons 1 and 2 almost non-stop.  I had to be out of town when Season 3 started.  The kids waited for me to return so we could watch it together!  How fun is that!  I'm looking forward to Season 4.

Honored Contributor

I love that show.  I only started watching it this summer.  It was one of those shows that I binge watched.  Glad to hear there will be another season of weirdness.

Respected Contributor

I am looking forward to it however it won't be the same if the person who appeared to die last season really did.  Hopefully that person is still alive and they faked us out.

Respected Contributor

But the kids are growing up - don't like them as much as they get older.