Honored Contributor

Airs Tues night the 19th on abc at 9 ET for 2 hours. Looks  very interesting for those of us who have watched the various soap operas over all the years.  And even before then when they were on the radio. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle  Thanks for the heads up.  I have my DVR set to copy it.

I agree with you, I think it looks interesting too.  I expect we soap fans will see some familiar faces from years past.

We will have to catch back up after it's shown to give our likes and dislikes.  See you there...whoops...I mean 'here'.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Back in time when I was small, my mommy used to buy these soaps:

Palmolive,

Camay

Lifeboy and 

Yardley (which was my fav. and I am still using the Yardley soaps)

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

I remember watching "Search For Tomorrow " and Edge of Night" when they were only 15 minutes each with my mother who was always busy but made sure she sat and watched those.

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki   Not being from here you probably don't know about all the soap operas dating back to radio before tv where dish detergents,  laundry detergents and probably some body soaps sponsored them thus being called soap operas.

Honored Contributor

When I came home for lunch I had to watch the "soaps" w/my Mom.

I remember Don Knotts. He was Rose's brother.

I also remember Joe Campanella on Guiding Light. He was an artist. His name was Joe Torino.

Anyone remember Tommy Lee Jones. He was on Guiding Light. He  was a good guy and overnight (literally) turned into a killer.

Respected Contributor

I remember the old radio shows. They were usually 15 minutes long. "Helen Trent", "Ma Perkins" were on around noon. Soops like Oxydol were sponsors. 

Honored Contributor

I can remember watching As The World Turns when I was only 4 years old, my Grandma turned me onto it. 

Trusted Contributor

OUPSIE

I am terribly sorry for highjacking this thread with my post. I cannot undesratnd the meaning of the OP.

Do you forgive me? I thought that I was reading what is your favourite soap, my bad, sorry again!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

OUPSIE

I am terribly sorry for highjacking this thread with my post. I cannot undesratnd the meaning of the OP.

Do you forgive me? I thought that I was reading what is your favourite soap, my bad, sorry again!

You are forgiven it was bound to happen, always a good topic for discussion.