Trusted Contributor

Re: Steve Hilton Gets A New Show on Fox News

I believe I've seen him on outnumbered and other programming.  He did a good job, I like him.  I think he will do a great job.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Yes, gang, I forgot to mention that he seems very personable, and highly pro-American, loves this country and understands it very well.  He's no Richard Quest or anything, and does not come across as elitist, despite the fancy colleges, etc.

zitigirl, I find it fascinating that the show will emanate from Los Angeles-- thanks for that tidbit.  That makes it even more interesting, and it is to be hoped will allow them to get a different roster of guests than they would in the East...

@Oznell

He's been living in Silicon Valley so the West Coast would make sense.  I'll have to check out the debut show just to see if locale comes up.

Side note: Interesting that Jenna Lee just departed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

just bee, that's interesting about Silicon Valley, I didn't know that.  Isn't his wife something to do with Google?

Another fun tidbit--  he was one of Prime Minister David Cameron's trusted aides.  That's funny to me, since Cameron seemed so conventional and Steve Hilton seems slightly amiably kooky...

He has a good recipe for Hungarian chicken soup, that he did on Fox, courtesy of his family who I think fled Hungary during the 1956 revolution or thereabouts.  He puts a WHOLE chicken in a pot, along with parsnips, celery, vermouth (vermouth?) etc., and after browning chicken, the pot goes in the oven for 2 hours... I've never made chicken soup that way but it did sound good....

I love everything Hungarian....

Honored Contributor

P.S.  Yes, I wonder what the story is with Jenna Lee...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

P.S.  Yes, I wonder what the story is with Jenna Lee...

Hi @Oznell I believe the Jenna's parting was amicable and she hinted she is moving on to exciting things . . . I think I can find a clip of her saying good bye if anyone would like to see it . . . Smiley Happy

I've always been a big fan of Jenna's since her Imus in the Morning days!

Honored Contributor

Found this:

Steve Hilton is a former director of strategy for David Cameron, who was Prime Minister and leader of the Conservative Party in the United Kingdom from 2010 to 2016. Wikipedia

Born: August 25, 1969 (age 47), United Kingdom
Nationality: British

Honored Contributor

By the way, Steve Hilton's show on Fox News, called "The Next Revolution with Steve Hilton", will debut today, Sunday, @ 9:00 p.m. Eastern.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

just bee, that's interesting about Silicon Valley, I didn't know that.  Isn't his wife something to do with Google?

Another fun tidbit--  he was one of Prime Minister David Cameron's trusted aides.  That's funny to me, since Cameron seemed so conventional and Steve Hilton seems slightly amiably kooky...

He has a good recipe for Hungarian chicken soup, that he did on Fox, courtesy of his family who I think fled Hungary during the 1956 revolution or thereabouts.  He puts a WHOLE chicken in a pot, along with parsnips, celery, vermouth (vermouth?) etc., and after browning chicken, the pot goes in the oven for 2 hours... I've never made chicken soup that way but it did sound good....

@Oznell

Vermouth?  Dry or sweet?  I'd like to see that recipe...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

@Oznell

Vermouth?  Dry or sweet?  I'd like to see that recipe...

@just bee

@Oznell

Here is a link to the recipe and video:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-and-friends/blog/2017/03/16/cooking-friends-steve-hiltons-chicken-...

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

YOU RULE!!!