Respected Contributor

I just saw online that Stella Stevens passed away yesterday. She was 84. She had been battling Alzheimer's for some time. I remember her in The Nutty Professor with Jerry Lewis, in Girls, Girls, Girls with Elvis and the Poseidon Adventure. She was also the mother  of actor, Andrew Stevens. RIP.

Respected Contributor
It happens in threes. First Burt Bacharach then Raquel Welch and now Stella Steven's. It is sad that so many talented people have passed away.
Honored Contributor

Stella Stevens

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

I remember her in the movie Where AngelsGo, Trouble Follows and the movie she did with Dean Martin, How to Save a Marriage and Ruin your Life.  Both from the sixties.

Honored Contributor

I remember her from the original The Poseidon Adventure, some episodes of The Love Boat, Flamingo Road, and various other shows.

DS was obsessed with disaster movies. So he had The Poseidon Adventure on DVD and watched it frequently, which meant unless he was in the family room/ kitchen area by himself, I "watched" it again too. She was great as Ernest Borgnine's character's wife.

She always kind of reminded me of Marilyn Monroe.

Flamingo Road was a nighttime soap that took place in the South. I think I saw most episodes - I was missing my southern roots! 

Her son Andrew was also a popular actor, and as I remember, very good looking! I remember him from Emerald Point, a show about Navy personnel.

Thinking of him and the rest of their family. 

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:
It happens in threes. First Burt Bacharach then Raquel Welch and now Stella Steven's. It is sad that so many talented people have passed away.

That's enough now! Leave Bruce Willis alone!

Esteemed Contributor
  1. Hello @Judaline , 
  2. 🎗
  3.     I had this announcement earlier today and thought of what my mom always spoke of her since `I `Had not known that much about her.  
  4. As I had I been mentioning mom, she though she was a very attractive and sweet woman.
  5.   She looks a lot like my sister and possibly compared the two. I am a brunette ...maybe Stella was also?        
  6. I always thought my mother was one of the most beautiful ladies I had ever seen, and traveling the world, I had seen hundreds, if not thousands of men and women. 
  7. Remenber, never toss that photo, I'll never find you. Have a great weekend. 
  8. Hello to @Oznell.@🏆
  9. ...............................    🎟 NAES1

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Stella Stevens

@Desertdi

".... , Thank you so very much showing this photo"......

I do not believe I had seen her?

Honored Contributor
Icon image
Honored Contributor

Did anyone say her son is Andrew Stevens, the actor?

I didn't know about her passing.  Sad to hear about Bruce Willis' advancing bad health too. 

May just listen to music, t.v. is just too much lately.  Need a break from all the bad news.