Trusted Contributor

Re: Steel Magnolias

[ Edited ]

The only reason people are nice to me is because I have more money than God.

Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey Steel Magnolias is on CMT HD, so maybe Pure Country is on the regular CMT.  And yes I, too, love George Strait.  The best looking & best singing cowboy to ever come out of the Lone Star State! 

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Take a whack at Ouiser! Go ahead. Smack her!

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@Mary Bailey Steel Magnolias is on CMT HD, so maybe Pure Country is on the regular CMT.  And yes I, too, love George Strait.  The best looking & best singing cowboy to ever come out of the Lone Star State! 

I turned to CMT too and my man George is on. Yes!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Steel Magnolias

[ Edited ]

Fantastic movie...so many terrific lines!

Scene at Shelby's wedding reception with the armadillo cake....LOL

Drum:    Ouiser, can we call a truce long enough for me to get a piece of cake?

(Ouiser cuts off the tail and butt of the armadillo cake and plops it on Drum's plate.)

Drum:   Gee, thanks, Ouiser...Nothing like a good piece of ass.

laughter emoticon

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

One if my all time favorites!

I think this might be one of Truvey's lines, it's not an exact quote, but close:

"Time marches on and you eventually realize it's marching across your face." 

Valued Contributor

At the funeral Sally Fields is going from anger to grief, and she blurts out Shelby was right my hair does look like a helmit!  

I recently saw the one with Queen Lateva (SP?), and it ended a little different, but it was also good.  

Honored Contributor

Clairee: "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I turned to CMT too and my man George is on. Yes!!

There are 2 different CMT channels, one is all music, other has movies, etc. On my plan with Comcast, I only get the music channel, which is what I think is what a lot of people only get. 

Honored Contributor

yes, there are two CMT channels......one is CMT and one is CMT MUSIC. i get both channels with my comcast subscription.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein