Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Station 19 and Grey’s Anatomy

First of all I wonder why the two shows flipped time slots, which show benefits from it? Last show all of a sudden Jo had dark hair, no one even mentioned, love the new hair color! Okay now to get down to why I started this thread, what’s with all the crossing over of the two shows? I loathe when shows do cross overs, it’s a way to get you to watch a show that you may not watch with hopes you’ll tune in regularly. I have purposely not watched a show I’m a regular viewer of because I don’t want to watch the other show ( this has happened with Law & Order SVU and Supergirl which actually was involved in a four show crossover). Must they do this every week, it’s enough already ( ABC should put a pin in Grey’s Anatomy it’s dying a slow death).

Honored Contributor

Re: Station 19 and Grey’s Anatomy

@Jordan2   I made the decision to not watch S19 but was forced to a couple of times when they had crossover shows. The one they did last season when the captain died and his fiancee was so devastated really drew me in but still I had no intention of adding another show to my watch list. Fast forward to this season and that fiancee, Vick, really got over that death quickly and has moved on to Jackson on Grey's. Okay with that because I hated him with Maggie but as you stated since S19 returned every show has become a two-part event.

Since Grey's has already been renewed I don't think this change was for its benefit. Whatever the reason I also don't like it. Guess it will stop when HTGAWM returns in April.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Esteemed Contributor

I still love Grey's Anatomy.  I'll really miss it when it's gone. 

I've watch S19 only because of the cross over shows.

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey I love Grey's too. I tried Station 19, but it just doesn't work for me.

I do watch the crossover episodes & it's ok.

I don't hate Station 19, but I don't like it enough to add it to my list.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's to draw in viewers to Station 19.  For some reason I was under the impression it's not doing too well.   I think Grey's is doing fine on it's own.  I did watch one crossover one time and I just don't like that show and have found I am just fine watching just Grey's.  I can figure out what must have happened in the S 19 episode.

ETA:  @Tique  and any other GH watchers, it appears "Britt" from GH is in this episode.  maybe she's a regular, I don't know. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hate the time switch! I'm adjusting to a new t v and the programs were not in order, confusing! I understand why they did the first one that way. The car rhat crashed into the bar where they all were made sense. They had to go to the hospital later. 
 I thought they would return to the old schedule. 
  I don't like either show now. 

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

I think it's to draw in viewers to Station 19.  For some reason I was under the impression it's not doing too well.   I think Grey's is doing fine on it's own.  I did watch one crossover one time and I just don't like that show and have found I am just fine watching just Grey's.  I can figure out what must have happened in the S 19 episode.

ETA:  @Tique  and any other GH watchers, it appears "Britt" from GH is in this episode.  maybe she's a regular, I don't know. 

@Wsmom   what makes you think I watch GH? Rolleye smiley 1

Sorry couldn't resist that. I think this week will be her third episode. She's married to a fire fighter and messing around with another one. I think they're in the same house but really trying not to know too much..

Honored Contributor

I don't watch Station 19 at all....I am a big Grey's Anatomy fan, been watching for many years, but I go to church on Thursday nights, so by the time I get home-Grey's is already on, so I miss Station 19 totally....

I don't need to add another show to my watch list.....I did watch a couple of episodes last season, and I just couldn't get into it...

I think its floundering, and by making so many episodes crossovers, they are trying to bring in a bigger audience!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Wsmom   what makes you think I watch GH? Rolleye smiley 1

Sorry couldn't resist that. I think this week will be her third episode. She's married to a fire fighter and messing around with another one. I think they're in the same house but really trying not to know too much..

Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

I'm venting. Today's episode of Grey's was the conclusion of something that started on S19 although technically it was a standalone show. They don't have to keep using the doctors on Grey's to treat the people whose accidents/incidents started on S19. As long as S19 has been on, if it can't sustain whatever rating it needs to it should be canceled. At least next week they are being transparent and promoting it as a crossover.