Honored Contributor

Re: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

@lmt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
@retired ida. How did you get to the end with Leia if you couldn't sit through it?

@Pearlee  I didn't fall asleep through all of it, I'd nod off and wake up ..... nod off and wake up again. Thankfully, I did see the end, which was the best part of the whole movie. I didn't hear or read any spoilers prior to seeing the movie, so when Princess Leia showed up at the end it was a very pleasant surprise. 

@lmt    LOL  - I could keep giving you a hard time by asking how, if you fell asleep during parts, you knew the end was the best part (maybe you slept thru a better part!) , but I'll stop.  LOL!    Glad you woke up for Leia.  I never saw the original Star Wars, just Return of the Jedi, the only one I've seen, and I didn't like it, so never saw the rest.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
@retired ida. How did you get to the end with Leia if you couldn't sit through it?

@Pearlee  I didn't fall asleep through all of it, I'd nod off and wake up ..... nod off and wake up again. Thankfully, I did see the end, which was the best part of the whole movie. I didn't hear or read any spoilers prior to seeing the movie, so when Princess Leia showed up at the end it was a very pleasant surprise. 

@lmt    LOL  - I could keep giving you a hard time by asking how, if you fell asleep during parts, you knew the end was the best part (maybe you slept thru a better part!) , but I'll stop.  LOL!    Glad you woke up for Leia.  I never saw the original Star Wars, just Return of the Jedi, the only one I've seen, and I didn't like it, so never saw the rest.

@Pearlee  I knew within the first 20 minutes that I wasn't going to like Rogue One. I knew the best part was the ending, not only for seeing Leia, but because the movie was over, LOL! Since it's been on TV I've seen bits and pieces and I still haven't changed my opinion.

You should really watch the original Star Wars movie. Hands down it was the best of the entire saga. Return of The Jedi was the weakest movie of the original trilogy. I don't know how can you watch the third and (at that time) final movie and understand who the characters are, what they're doing, what the story is about.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  I knew within the first 20 minutes that I wasn't going to like Rogue One. LOL! Since it's been on TV I've seen bits and pieces and I still haven't changed my opinion. I knew the best part was the ending, not only for seeing Leia, but because the movie was over,

You should really watch the original Star Wars movie. Hands down it was the best of the entire saga. Return of The Jedi was the weakest movie of the original trilogy. I don't know how can you watch the third and (at that time) final movie and understand who the characters are, what they're doing, what the story is about.

@lmt   LOL LOL LOL!   Great answer!  Since I didn't like the one SW film I saw, I have no desire to see the original.  I'm not big on science fiction at all.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@lmt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Pearlee  I knew within the first 20 minutes that I wasn't going to like Rogue One. LOL! Since it's been on TV I've seen bits and pieces and I still haven't changed my opinion. I knew the best part was the ending, not only for seeing Leia, but because the movie was over,

@lmt   LOL LOL LOL!   Great answer!  Since I didn't like the one SW film I saw, I have no desire to see the original.  I'm not big on science fiction at all.

@Pearlee  I'm a HUGE sci-fi fan, but I get that not everyone is. 

It's just a shame that you didn't watch the original film first, you might've liked it.