Honored Contributor

So, I've been watching this new show "Pilot". I don't see how it can continue through the season. The subject matter is one dimensional.

It does give you the creeps and as the mother of three girls, it creeps me out even more (I'm already paranoid 24/7).

I do love Dermott Mulrooney and Maggie Q is my favorite. I wish I'd see more action from her.

Any of you watching it?

Super Contributor

I watched it too because of the quality of the well-known actors. But I agree, the show is creepy. I have a lot of women in my family and three adult daughters. I don't like the idea of giving these psycopaths a roadmap to psychotic behavior.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel some of these shows give ideas to the crazies in the world.

Honored Contributor

I do believe the actor is Dylan McDermott, I always get those two names mixed up also. He can't seem to be able to find a good series since The Practice, which ran for seven years.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

I honestly believe it will give people who are unbalanced an idea and last night just was too much I thought. I will watch it again, but I hope it isn't as bad as the pilot. Too many people just become copycats while watching such shows.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't watch any of these types of shows . . . not this one, not any of the very popular ones that include psycho murderers, torturers, that James Spader one, creepy dead people coming alive, etc. I can watch cop shows, legal dramas, and others where people are killed, but not when it is the really sickos. I didn't and won't be watching this one either.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Even though I enjoyed it, the first few minutes were 'a bit much'. Otherwise, not worse than Criminal Minds, etc. I'm going to continue to watch it. Possibly they will 'tone it down', and veer away from the initial (pilot episode) 'fire' theme. Surely the writers have plenty of other ideas regarding stalking and stalkers. Stalking, in reality, has become ridiculously popular at this time in history. So, perhaps people, including teens, will learn something........be more aware and be more careful.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

This is a no no...

To me shows like this seem to be anti women...

Criminal Minds episode made me feel the same way...

who is the sicko writers and producers this stuff...

The title Stalker will be a steady diet...

Trusted Contributor

I disagree.... I think stalking is becoming an epidemic in this country.... and the majority of people being stalked are women. To enlighten people about stalkers and the crime of stalking is how I see this show....

Honored Contributor

I agree with you game-on. I learned some things just watching this show. I have three daughters. As a mother you constantly worry about them.

You would not believe how much I try to keep contact with my one daughter. It isn't easy as she's an adult. She was raised to understand that it is courteous to let us know about her safety and that we were never 'checking up' on her/them.

You start that from the beginning, teaching them that Mom and Dad worry and you don't need to be specific just let them know you are safe (as teens and adults).

There are crazy people out there. I don't think a TV show gives them ideas. I think the internet makes it seem normal.

A TV show often (usually/most of the time) shows the guilty person getting caught. The internet allow them to connect with each other and 'share' things.

I just think the show will become repetitive. How many times can they show someone stalking someone else?

I do like Maggie Q and I hope they show her doing some of her moves.