Honored Contributor

Anyone know what Stabler's life changing event is, or was?

I have a guess or two but mine seem pretty obvious.

Valued Contributor

At the end of his tenure on L&O SVU he accidently shot a teen age girl in a shootout.  He left the force after that.  Is that what you are referring to?

Respected Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

At the end of his tenure on L&O SVU he accidently shot a teen age girl in a shootout.  He left the force after that.  Is that what you are referring to?

It was not an accidental shooting. He did it because she was shooting up the squad room.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I can't wait to see this new show, always loved Elliot especially when he was slamming a perp up against a wall!

I read something online that hinted it had something to do with his older son, Richard (who was called Dickie as  a child but as a teen told his father "My name is Richard. Don't call me Dickie anymore").

Watching reruns of SVU today on USA and they are showing Chris Meloni in recent little clips about the show and a shot of him spotting Olivia at a crime scene scene.

Honored Contributor

Guess who showed up at the gun range in my town yesterday? Chris Meloni. He took pictures with some people there and the said he was very nice.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Guess who showed up at the gun range in my town yesterday? Chris Meloni. He took pictures with some people there and the said he was very nice.

The show is shooting scenes at the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office Training Center in Edison.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

The show is shooting scenes at the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office Training Center in Edison.

@mom2four0418  I thought it might be something like that.  He was in NY when he was at the gun range. Although it is right on the border.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ Oh those lucky ducks!

Honored Contributor
Spoiler
his wife was killed, ?

at least that is what I thought I heard

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear From what I read online it sounded like Kathy was not killed and the article said something like "contrary to rumors" but weren't specific.

I'd hate to see Kathy killed off. I'm just guessing it has something to do with the older boy, Richard, as the online story kind of mentioned.

Can't wait until April 1st!