Honored Contributor

🙄 Stabler - L&O Organized Crime 🙄

proxy-image.png........

Stabler worked for years in the SVU unit running all around NYC.

Now he works in Organized Crime in NYC.  Has worked undercover on 2 major cases running all around NYC.  The only disguised was that he grew a beard in his first undercover assignment.  Yet, no one ever has yet recognized him.  Cover never blown.  How does that happen????

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Re: 🙄 Stabler - L&O Organized Crime 🙄

It’s a T.V. show.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac It's called creative writing. And yes many years ago he was all over NYC *but* these current baddies were not operating then. Makes total sense to me and I am really enjoying the new storyline. Got sick of Richard Wheatley long ago!

Honored Contributor

Well, it is a tv show.....

Honored Contributor

On weekends-Saturdays, there is this show called "Deep Undercover" shown on Court TV as a marathon. 

Former FBI agent Joe Pistone, the real-life "Donnie Brasco," hosts this series that reveals the true stories of undercover crime-fighting operations.

Those guys stay undercover on one case for years! Smiley Surprised They don't get to "go home" every night like Stabler.  The documenary doesn't really say but I suspect the undercover jobs are out of state or NOT in the same city of where they actually live in. 

I need to stop comparing "real life" cops w/the ones shown on tv.  Like an OP stated - "creative writing."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Probably doesn't work too well for real undercover agents, but L&O by anyname is just TV fiction.

Respected Contributor

I was attracted to Stabler's mother's floral "duster cardigan" in this week's episode. I've been thinking about something lightweight and casual that would work over t-shirts and shorts.

I found some here and there and settled on Target's Knox Rose. This is the first time a TV show costume actually inspired me to shop.