Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spring Baking Championship Finale - spoiler

@Lovestheshores  I saw that argument on Facebook, but I don't think that's what Molly said.  I think the intention was the requirement wasn't to make a cake, but to make something that means something to the baker. If that happened to be a cake, so be it.  They weren't forbidden to make a cake; it just wasn't a requirement.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego 

As usual -- the need to always changes things --- does not make for a better show!  I would not want them to take Duff and Valerie off of the children's baking competition.  I do think they do a really good job with the kids!  As for Lorraine --- Yes! - I did like her in any of the shows she was on.  I wish she could or would come back eventually!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Nobody meant for Duff or Valerie to be replaced by Molly.

The point was her juvenile behavior belonged more on a kids baking show.

Especially with sprinkles.

Duff and Valerie are excellent with the kids.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Occasional Contributor

I was very disappointed with the judging. Jaleesa made mistake after mistake and should have been set home. How could she win with those cake flavors? They do not go together at all. They raved about Carolyn and Dennis's cake flavors.  What happened?

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know how many ribbons each of the last 4 had? I would think that would've been a factor in who won.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Does anyone know how many ribbons each of the last 4 had? I would think that would've been a factor in who won.

@ThinkingOutLoud   It shouldn't matter about those ridiculous ribbons.  This isn't as though they were winning at a spelling bee.

The final product determines the winner, regardless of how good the bakers were during the whole season.

Most bakers have good days and sometimes a not so good day and in the end the judges always choose the winner based on that one last bake.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I agree with the vast majority. ezvery week, I kept saying to myself that this HAS to be the week they get rid of Jaleesa. So she makes a nice choicolate cake - big deal. All of her screw-ups throughout the show just got overlooked  time after time. Also, a little of Molly goes a long way, and I agree that she would be better with kids, although I really enjoy Duff. I had never heard of the third judge and don't think she added much. I missed Lorraine (and the fact that she and Nancy never agree on anything!).

I also believe that, as good as she was, Carolyn should not have been brought back. If the challenge was supposed to be a cookie salad (whatever that is), then that was the challenge and she lost.

Add me to the list of those disappointed this year and I do hope they get another judge next year. And that they have legitimate challenges and that they stick to the rules for everyone.

I was pretty surprised when Romy walked off, but I understand why he did. Sprinkles? Sprinkles and cookie salads would be great on the kids' show, but not this one. These bakers were capable of much more elegant and elevated desserts and should have been allowed to showcase what they excelled in.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with the vast majority. Every week, I kept saying to myself that this HAS to be the week they get rid of Jaleesa. So she makes a nice chocolate cake - big deal. All of her screw-ups throughout the show just got overlooked time after time. Also, a little of Molly goes a long way, and I agree that she would be better with kids, although I really enjoy Duff. I had never heard of the third judge and don't think she added much. I missed Lorraine (and the fact that she and Nancy never agree on anything!).

I also believe that, as good as she was, Carolyn should not have been brought back. If the challenge was supposed to be a cookie salad (whatever that is), then that was the challenge and she lost.

Add me to the list of those disappointed this year and I do hope they get another judge next year. And that they have legitimate challenges and that they stick to the rules for everyone.

I was pretty surprised when Romy walked off, but I understand why he did. Sprinkles? Sprinkles and cookie salads would be great on the kids' show, but not this one. These bakers were capable of much more elegant and elevated desserts and should have been allowed to showcase what they excelled in.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud   It shouldn't matter about those ridiculous ribbons.  This isn't as though they were winning at a spelling bee.

The final product determines the winner, regardless of how good the bakers were during the whole season.

Most bakers have good days and sometimes a not so good day and in the end the judges always choose the winner based on that one last bake.

My point is that if Jalessa never got any ribbons, to me that shows she wasn't the best baker.

Occasional Contributor

I'm thinking she had a couple of ribbons because she did win the last prelim challenge with her cake and thought she won at least one other challenge. Totally understand what you are saying, though.

I hope they have another Kid's Baking Challenge on again, soon.  The kids are always enjoyable, and love Valerie and Duff as judges. I need the "positivity" from that show.