New Contributor

Re: Spring Baking Championship Finale - spoiler

So how can we contact Food Network to let them know how we feel? 

I think we all agree that Romy should have won far more of the challenges, and probably the whole show. 

And, yes, the only reason they brought Carolyn back was because they realized the cookie-salad challenge was ridiculous.  

And if they ever bring back Molly Yeh, which I hope they don't, she should have no say whatsoever on what challenges they do.  

I couldn't believe, first of all, that they took the bottom two to a sudden death (Dennis should have just been eliminated,) and, second of all, that the sudden death was SPRINKLES!!!

I love all of the baking championships, but this one was very hard to watch because it was so unfair.  Jaleesa made a lovely final cake, but in my opinion, should have been sent home much earlier in the competition for her mistakes.

New Contributor

https://help.foodnetwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Maybe we can submit a request at the above link and let them know how we feel.

Respected Contributor

@Suzy Q1234 

i have submitted several since basically it started.

I don't know who gets them, but hopefully someone is sending them on to

the right place.. We loved Duff, Nancy & Lorraine.. 

Those were fun seasons..

Honored Contributor

I did not watch this baking challenge, because of Molly Yeh.  

I tuned in for the first episode, but changed the channel within about 40 minutes, thinking Molly was totally out of her zone with this type of show.  

Her cuteness is fine when she's in her home kitchen making special treats for her family, but she needs to lose that if she expects to judge on this level of competitive baking.

Occasional Contributor

I couldn't stand Molly.  Sorry to all her "stans" out there. Romy would have won.  It was an insulting "bake-off" using "sprinkles".  Molly needs to be on a kid's baking show as that would be more her speed.  I had felt bad that Carolyn had gotten cut due to a cookie salad, something I have never, ever heard of and I've been on this earth a very long time. 

I hope they get rid of Molly.  I truly feel she spent SO much time with Romy during the prelim challenge at the finale, that it hurt him being able to focus and he started looking annoyed.  Winning a challenge with a plain old chocolate cake was insulting, no matter what filling was in it.  Plus she left out the crunchy aspect; something that has ALWAYS been important to the judges.  She piped a "wedding cake" and compared to the other two bakers?  She had it easy, way too easy.  The final challenges should have been more equal in difficulty, instead of making one so easy and the others near impossible to pull off in the allotted time. 

I also feel the judges were not doing the job they were supposed to do.  I also miss Carly as a judge, or even Lorraine.  

Occasional Contributor

I agree, though it should not have gotten to the point where Romy left.  I mean..sprinkles?  This was not the Kid's Baking Championship for cripe's sake!

Occasional Contributor

Molly was SO irritating.  She brought ZERO to the show.  Her "cookie salad" idea made me actually nauseous and her constant chattering to the bakers was rude and excessive.  I truly feel her prattling to Romy during the finale prelim challenge got him frustrated and made him lose focus.  She would NOT leave him be. And the chocolate cake debacle?  OMGoodness!  There is only so much one can do to a chocolate cake and the way the judges acted, and it WAS acting, was silly and false. As it was, J had left off the "crunchy" element of the cake, which always causes the judges to critique the baker harshly, except for this time.  

I have watched the baking shows since the beginning and though my favorites don't always win or even get to the finale, it has seemed pretty fair.  Until this year.  If Molly comes back, I'll stay away.  Just watching her gives me cavities.  Though, does fake sweetener cause cavities?  She is FAKE!

Occasional Contributor

I consider sprinkles in the same way I consider Molly.  Fake as can be, just decoration with no substance to it.

Honored Contributor

OMG --- I was so disgusted with the outcome!  At the judging --- you could just see that  as far as judging, Duff, in particular, had his favorite and who he wanted to win, so it didn't particular matter who had the best decorations or flavor.  He was rather rude and negative to the others in his comments.  Things that were supposedly so important in the other competitions --- such as the crunch factor --- were suddenly not important in the final selection.  And the lady who won even forgot to put her crunch factor in!  I'm not saying that she did not decorate well, but she did a simple chocolate cake - period.  

The others were very creative, always trying to do very different desserts and designs. As for Romy --- you could see that when they announced how it was going to go down regarding choosing 2 top bakers and then the bottom 2 would have to do an instant bakeoff, that he was really taken aback and Dennis, as well. Then, to make matters even worse -- Molly announces --- oh, it's a sprinkles competition!  I don't blame Romy, really.  I think he was very negatively judged for his dessert with the broken heart, which was very creative, and Duff's comments were very harsh.  Romy is very classically trained and all of this was very insulting to him.  You could also see that Dennis was not thrilled with the sprinkles bakeoff either.  I mean, each of them had mistakes in their final desserts and none of them were perfect.

I felt Molly was very childish and made the whole Spring Baking Championship silly and unprofessional.  Not to say it shouldn't be fun as well but ultimately, it should be about who is the best baker and who puts out the best product.  Having Jesse Palmer on the show was always fun and he was a professional.  Sorry --- but Molly --- you need to go!  

As for Caroline, I have nothing against her, but once she was out, she should have stayed out!  It should be this way for everyone.  Once you are judged out of the competition, then that should be it.

As for the lady who won, throughout the competition, she messed up a lot.  Not to say you can't bounce back and recover but I kept saying, show after show, she's not up to the standard of most of the others.

This sure left a bad taste in my mouth and I think they need to seriously reassess how they do things on the next season!!!!   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Thinking back to previous years, the best trio of hosts IMHO....Duff,Carla and Lorraine, with Jesse as the host.  But I doubt that will ever happen avain.