Honored Contributor

Re: Spotlight On Ann-Margret

I always wished Elvis had married her instead of that goof he married.

Valued Contributor

Ann Margret used to babysit for a woman I worked with when she was very young. This was in the North Shore area (Chicagoland).

Honored Contributor

I too admire the love and care she gave to her husband, darling Roger Smith, after he became ill.  I was just watching the young, vibrant and handsome Smith in an episode of "77 Sunset Strip"--  such a dear.   Marriages like that in Hollywood really stand out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

Not really an AM fan.  However, I really enjoyed her in this movie/mini series called "The Two Mrs. Grenvilles."  I think it was based on a real life crime.

@Mz iMac....Yes, "The Two Mrs. Grenvilles" was an excellent mini-series and it was based on a true murder case...I just checked for all of the mini-series that are available On Demand as soon as I saw your post....Unfortunately, this wasn't listed.....I would love to see it again!

I've decided to get the book by Dominick Dunne....What a great read it will be!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

i just loved her in viva las vegas.....one of my favorite elvis movies. it also has william demarest who is so funny (from my three sons) and cesare danova who is wonderful to look at!

i enjoyed her in bye bye birdie also.

i have not seen the two mrs grenvilles.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Anyone ever see Who Will Love My Children?

The woman was underrated throughout her career.  Anyone who ever knew her or worked with her agreed that she might just be the nicest human being on the planet.

She came back after a horrific accident -- something that would have ended most careers.

When someone says "beautiful inside and out," I always think of her.

Ann-Margret

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She also did a great job as Blanche in Streetcar Named Desire opposite Treat Williams in the 1984 TV version. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw her perform in Miami in the early 1970s.  She never impressed me as a great talent, but she certainly could put on a fabulous musical performance. 

Remember, she was highly regarded for her dramatic performance in Mike Nichols' Carnal Knowledge.  So, maybe she has been underrated for years.

I adored her in the Grumpy Old Men films!

Her unceasing devotion to her ailing husband always impressed me.  I cannot forget to comment on that because that is perhaps her most commendable virtue.  Her care and love speak volumes about her character.

Respected Contributor

@golding76 I agree with your choice!  She did a TV version of Streetcar Named Desire and when they came to take her away, it, just, destroyed in a way Vivien Leigh didn't.  It still haunts me to this day.  She was fabulous in the Two Mrs. Grenville's as well.

It has, always, been said that her screen persona was nothing like the person she is.  In fact the direct opposite.

She was wonderful in her caring for her husband, Roger Smith.  She has, also, been praised for her USO tours of which there were many.  She supports the veteran's as well.

She seems like a very nice genuine person.

Honored Contributor

And one more thing...

Tommy

Not only did she survive that near-fatal accident, she also survived Tommy.

Tommy

She's a trouper.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~