Valued Contributor

Re: Spoiler alert! Walking Dead, so we are supposed

On 3/11/2015 snowball said:

Please don't let anything happen to Judith!! I think someone mentioned that 2 people will be getting killed and it doesn't look good.

In the graphic novels Judith died at the prison. You have to admit having a baby puts the group at risk. Not saying I want her dead but she is a liability. I think killing her would be too much for people to take.

Respected Contributor

On 3/11/2015 allaries said:
On 3/11/2015 snowball said:

Please don't let anything happen to Judith!! I think someone mentioned that 2 people will be getting killed and it doesn't look good.

In the graphic novels Judith died at the prison. You have to admit having a baby puts the group at risk. Not saying I want her dead but she is a liability. I think killing her would be too much for people to take.

At this point I don't think the developers have figured out how to tactfully handle a Judith death .... but at the same time it takes away from the realness it all in this dangerous world. It's not like Rick and gang are living a Mayberry life.

Super Contributor

Sooooo, what did y'all think about Sundays' episode "Spend"?

I was freaked out!! and Sad!!

War Eagle!
Respected Contributor

I was happy to see Eugene finally grow a set of you know what!

Aiden's death was way too gorey with his guts being ripped out.

I was still on the fence about Noah so was not invested in his character enough to care about his departure.....but it still didn't make they way he died any easier!

What is it with Jesse's husband ""Pete""...is that his name?...he is beyond creepy!!...why he want to see Rick's kids so badly?

I was furious at Gabriel and what he said about Rick's group......especially when we all know that he locked out his own parishers to let them die to save himself....I'm glad Maggie was there to hear it.

Honored Contributor

Gabriel's gone over the edge, clearly, so I hope he doesn't cause the demise of any of the group. Hopefully, Deanna will put some thought into this and not take him on his word. I was also glad that Maggie heard all that, though.

Man, how much did these guys from the Alexandria group show who they really were? Every time things got tough they got going, at the expense of the others, without ANY effort to help them. Gadzooks! Not a leader in the bunch there.

Glen is just awesome! I was sorry to see Noah go. There was some cool insight about all that on Talking Dead. Both actors, as well as the guy who plays mullet dude (I keep forgetting his name. d'oh!) were on Talking Dead and that was fun.

The whole Carol/Rick exchange toward the end was - well, I'm not sure what that was. She's quick on the trigger but maybe, in her mind and with all the abuse she's endured, that makes sense - take 'em down before they take you down. I can see it. But, from a more objective viewpoint, I would have to say that there is nowhere near enough evidence to just off somebody at this point.

Trusted Contributor

I give Seth Gilliam his due, he is a really good actor. He really makes his part stand out. I heard him say on The Talking Dead how he even has an apartment across town from the rest of the cast so he can get in character.

I really liked Noah immediately and I was hoping he would stay for a while, he was in some ways, like a younger, less jaded Glen. Even Steven Yuen said that in Talking Dead last night.

Now see, I don't think Carol is jumping the gun at all. Maybe in this pre-apocalyptic world but in the world they exist in, Pete needs to die. He's trouble, evil and very injurious to his son's mental health. In this world they live in, there is no room for wavering ideas about rehabilitating or redeeming oneself. They've already been down that road and its closed. Carol isn't jumping the gun at all in my humble opinion. Its like Rick and the Governor. Rick had a chance at one time to flat out kill the Governor and he SHOULD have! Had he done so, they would have avoided that whole fiasco. This Pete is a guy that is cruel and mean and there is no room for him in their world. The group are survivors and they are also smart and strong and most of all, they are a family who are cohesive together and they have realized that there is really no middle ground regarding a bad apple, if they want to continue to survive. Look at what happened to Aiden and Noah because a bad apple and had the idea, every man for himself. Now will Rick agree? That remains to be seen.

Eugene did step up and that was totally awesome.

The people of Alexandria are living in a world that no longer has any value in this new world of The Walking Dead. I don't think it will ever be possible for them to return to that kind of utopia where they can live like they did before the zombie plague. Its a recipe for disaster and essentially, deluding themselves into thinking that they can return to how it was before.

Honored Contributor

FlowershopGirl - I totally hear you about Rick having the chance to kill the Governator and he didn't. I remember clearly saying 'shoot! Kill him!'. I couldn't believe he didn't. I also think it was probably the catalyst that made Rick turn into somebody who is more likely to jump more quickly on eliminating problem people. I think that, down the road, he was really sorry he didn't just kill the guy.

But, for me anyway, I see a big difference between him and that Pete guy. There was a ton of evidence that the Governator had done some horrible things and needed to go, for the benefit of everybody else.

But there is really not one shred of evidence that Pete needs to go, for the good of all. Sure, he seems like a total di*ck and I haven't liked him since the porch thing. But there isn't anything that we can say he has done - yet. He might just be a red herring for all we know, at this point. But I can see why Carol would like to see him gone. She's lived what she thinks his wife and kid might be living and I'm sure she finds him so repugnant that she cannot stand that he's alive. I was still kind of surprised that she asked Rick to kill him. I thought she would be more likely to come up with a plan to make that happen, on her own.

Yeah, it was good to see Eugene step up to the plate! Smiley Happy Maybe I'll come to like him at some point but, for the first time, I felt some respect for the character.

It's going to be an explosive last 2 episodes, methinks!

Respected Contributor

I was sad to see Carol get that young boy involved with stealing to get cookies. The week before and her exchange with him was bad too. Although after he asked for a gun her inner mother figure came back to try to save him from his drunken abusive dad. At least it was him who broke the bird sculpture, not someone from the outside who snuck in.

Super Contributor

1. I'm glad Eugene stepped up...proud of him and how he saved Glenn and Tara.

2. Father Gabriel has definitely gone over the edge and I think he's turning on Rick and the group because Alexandria seems so normal and he's reverting back. He's seen them kill, etc and he's never seen that from Deanna's group.

3. Noah!! I'd really begun to like him and I thought he finally thought he fit in with the group. Glenn will definitely be traumatized for some time by his death. I know I was.

4. I HOPE that when Glenn, Eugene and Tara get back with turncoat Nicholas Deanna will realize that Rick's group is really nice people and while they could/should have left Nicholas, they didn't. Hopefully she'll put some thought into her decisions concerning Rick and the group, especially after the way Abraham saved the work crew when they chickened out, Glenn saved Nicholas and Rick wants to really fortify the compound.

5. Pete is BAD NEWS. Rick shouldn't let him any where near his kids because he'll do something to one or both and most likely it will be Judith. He's an abuser and we know it's true. Sam had really bad dark circles under his eyes. Did anyone else notice? I, too, don't think Carol is jumping the gun. She's been a battered wife and she knows the signs. I guarantee you she's keeping an eye on Pete and family 24/7 and won't let it happen to them on her watch.

6. I think Enid has something to do with the "W" group. What does the "A" mean, though?

7. I have so much more to say, but I'll leave it at this for now.

War Eagle!
Respected Contributor

The fist fight between Rick/Pete seemed rushed and anti-climatic.....IMO...Not enough of the story line had been revealed to warrant Rick wanting him dead. Yes Pete was coming off as creepy...but the wife/child abuse was skimmed over to the point I was even second guessing Rick and Carol.