Super Contributor

Re: Spoiler alert! Walking Dead, so we are supposed

1. I thought the fight was rushed, too. Pete is absolutely no match for Rick and I didn't believe it for one minute. Rick is beginning to think with his ahem and not his head. I think he also misses the family unit a lot.

2. Michonne really wants a "normal" life.

3. I LOVED the scene where Glenn confronted Nicholas! Great acting by Steven Yeun.

4. Will Rick be exiled in the finale?

Will the group stage a takeover?

Will the "W" group appear in the finale?

5. Will I be a nervous wreck by the end of the finale? Probably.

War Eagle!
Valued Contributor

I am very disappointed in Michonne and some of the rest. They are getting weak just as Carol and Carl said. I will stick with Rick and Carol's attitude. Michonne used to be my favorite but now it is Carol. But then I was a Shane fan and liked the governor also until he did what he did to Andrea. I am going to be on pins and needles until Sunday for the season final. It should be interesting and exciting. I never thought I get this hooked on a show.

Trusted Contributor

In some aspects, this year has a reminiscence of the movie from the 80s "Blue Velvet". On the surface, everything is peachy, happy, bucolic and yet, there is a seamy underbelly of putrid evil and unease. I'm sure Rick feels this and sees it. The scene when he saw people talking on their porch, the kid with the dog, etc. that all spoke to "normal" but then there is the side with the W people, the people like Nicholas who lie, cheat and obfuscate all truth to fit their version of how they want it to be and people like Pete, who bully and hurt with no regard and then their leader, who covers it up, allows it to happen and does nothing but banish people who don't "fit in". Trouble is, she banishes the wrong ones.

Yes, Rick went off the deep end there for a minute but then, Pete is very dangerous and the thing is, he knows he can get away with what he is doing with no punishment so he is cocky and unrepentant. Alexandria really isn't the safe haven it seems to be. Its a sham and people there are so desperate to have a normal life, they turn a blind eye to the bad things that are happening and essentially don't care or won't address it because they are afraid they will lose their utopia. They're willing to let people like Pete, Nicholas and others go on and do their cowardly dirty deeds as long as it doesn't affect their living good. Even to the point of letting good people die.

Glen wants it to work and so does Michonne but I think deep down, Michonne just isn't completely sold on the whole thing, though she wants it badly. I think Glen also isn't totally sold on the utopia idea at any cost but he's trying to make it work without getting crazy and going Terminator on them. Michonne, I think she had to stop Rick because he was in the red zone and she was afraid for him as a father and leader and family member as well as her dream of a good life.

Honored Contributor

FlowerShopGirl - Wow, excellent synopsis of what happened with each of them and why.

I generally don't come to this board for intellectual conversations about tv (or anything else), but I really enjoyed reading your post from beginning to end! Some of those things had not occurred to me, in the context you laid out.

I think this is a lot deeper show than some realize. Even when not much is going on, there's a LOT going on! I will look forward to reading your post next week on the finale. Smiley Happy