Honored Contributor

Re: Spoiler alert! Walking Dead, so we are supposed

Wow this series has really jumped the shark this season. Soooooo boring! This weeks episode was just like it has been.....a yawner!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

They have to have more than zombies and death or the series would be canceled. Try watching Z Nation filmed in Spokane and you'll see why TWD has 16 million viewers.
Super Contributor

I don't think the show has jumped the shark at all. I think we have to see that some people are trying to start new colonies, etc. and the psychological toll this life has brought about. I love this year. It's very tense, to me, and now I'm trying to figure out many more people. I agree with all that esmeraldagooch had to say.

War Eagle!
Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 esmeraldagooch said: They have to have more than zombies and death or the series would be canceled. Try watching Z Nation filmed in Spokane and you'll see why TWD has 16 million viewers.

Z Nation....what a joke....DH and I watched it and in our house it became comedy hour for us...we laughed like crazy over the plots each week...and that lead lady who always had a perfectly spotless clean white shirt on week after week. Yes...good for a laugh....but no where near as good or realistic as TWD....TWD is #1 for a reason!

Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 MESPal said:

I don't think the show has jumped the shark at all. I think we have to see that some people are trying to start new colonies, etc. and the psychological toll this life has brought about. I love this year. It's very tense, to me, and now I'm trying to figure out many more people. I agree with all that esmeraldagooch had to say.

100% agree.....it's important to the storyline and development of the characters to show the psychological toll on these people. Yes the deaths and zombie slaughters each week bring that gore element to the show but when you look closer...this show is so much more than just zombie bashing....it's about survival...survival at any cost!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Until they got to Arlington, I thought Rick and the gang were fairly normal for what they've been though. These past few weeks, all that has changed, they seem damaged, jaded, scheming , sociopath's. I fear for the towns people who are like deer in the headlights and have no idea what these people are capable of.

One thing I have noticed, at the beginning of the series it was so scary. Over the season's the gore is the same but I'm getting desensitized to the horror. I don't think this is a good thing but just an observation.

Super Contributor

I thought the same thing. I've become desensitized to the slice and dice gore, and I can't stand that kind of thing at all. I do not like anything scary or bloody, but after the first few episodes I became accustomed to it.

I started watching when everyone around me was raving about what a great show it is about 3 seasons in. I watched a NYD marathon and was hooked. Now, I just don't really notice it. I was explaining to someone, who really knows me and questioned my love for the show when they asked why I watch it, that, to me, there are no zombies in real life so I don't have to be worried about them. BUT, NOW, we enter the psychological phase and it's really bothering me. I stay tense while watching because I know one group and am fearful of the unknown group. I don't know what they are capable of, like I do Rick's group.

Wow, I'm worn out and it's just Wed. morning!!

War Eagle!
Trusted Contributor

Esme, I wouldn't call them sociopathic or scheming because they don't seem to have that in them. The people at the Terminus were very much like that by their actions but not Rick's group. I'd say a hearty yes to the damaged and jaded observation. I think they are paranoid, wary, watchful, uncertain, and downright suspicious of this Stepford group. Rightly so thanks to their dealings with the Governor and the Terminus people. Life like theirs has a way of making them that way after several disasters and horrific encounters.

I see the killing of the zombies as no more than annoying mosquitos being dealt with. They are mindless and not cunning, just relentless and seeking. Easy to deal with. The real horror is the issue of learning that no one is trustworthy because if they make the mistake of trusting them outright, they wind up dead, hurt or dying.

As for Carol talking to that child like that, she learned from her mistakes. She took the girls under her wing and carefully nurtured them and look where that went........down the tubes and ended up causing mayhem and death. She had to play it mean and scary, otherwise that child would have run to mommy and told all.

Honored Contributor

I think the next couple of shows are going to be filled with excitement...a calm before the storm. The writers are setting up the scene.

Enid, the young girl who doesn't fit in belongs to another group on the outside...the W people. She sneaks in and out of the A compound at will and is carrying info back to her group. She also has the gun hidden in the blender by Rick. I don't like that girl, she is scary. I'll bet Carl has to confront her and do the dirty deed. He kinda has a crush on her and this will toy with his emotions. But he will do right by his group to protect them.

The W people are ready to attack and they will. Most of the A people will be killed because they do not know how to defend themselves. I think Aaron's boyfriend will be killed and Aaron will become part of Rick's group. Again, Rick's group will be on the run looking for a place to settle down. I wonder how much longer Judith will be with them....it's just a matter of time.

Trusted Contributor

Please don't let anything happen to Judith!! I think someone mentioned that 2 people will be getting killed and it doesn't look good.