Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   your comments are sad.  That's my opinion 

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup - If I could give you 10 hearts for your post # 45, I would.

DH and I were discussing this last night - who would choose to be so different in a harsh world?  Who would choose such a difficult path?  So many commit suicide because they can't face living in this judgmental world any longer.

I would remind some people, "walk a mile in my shoes", before they judge so harshly.  If they fit what is considered the "normal" mode, lucky them!

Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz wrote:

@spumoni99   Matt appeared to be off on his last appearance.  It has been discussed that he might have not been on his top game.  

Amy gave off the same.    In her after show interviews, she did say that she was lagging.  

Whatever the reason, she was terrific, and  look forward to her on the championship games.  What television!!

I do not watch jeopardy but I am sure when someone is on a winning streak they pull in more viewers.  I have seen her interviewed and she seems really nice.  She is obviously smart so good for her. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I am not understanding why some people have a problem with her.  Can't we just be happy for her?  

Honored Contributor

@birdQ13 Thanks so much for putting the word "spoiler alert" in your title. I almost opened it when I saw the word Jeopardy. 

I wasn't sure if the spoiler was that she had finally lost or that she wagered and won an even greater amount than she had in the past. Was so glad I stopped and waited until I watched the program.

I am very happy for her and how well she did. What came across to me was that she seemed to be very humble and very kind. Her clothes were simple/basic, and I enjoyed her run on the program.

Valued Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@nevergivesup - If I could give you 10 hearts for your post # 45, I would.

DH and I were discussing this last night - who would choose to be so different in a harsh world?  Who would choose such a difficult path?  So many commit suicide because they can't face living in this judgmental world any longer.

I would remind some people, "walk a mile in my shoes", before they judge so harshly.  If they fit what is considered the "normal" mode, lucky them!

Thank you @Venezia . My parents always taught us those very words; not to judge anyone until “you had walked a mile in their shoes.” That was back when practicing the golden rule and lending a hand to those less fortunate was the way we lived our faith. Quietly, humbly, gratefully. Boy, have times changed.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Tribesters   I just can't see how you think she wasn't trying.  She had at least $27,000 going into the final round and he had I believe $17,000 or $19,000.   He was a formidable challenger and she lost by the amount she wagered.   Up until then she was doing very well.  Who in their right mind wants to loose.   Some have said they knew it was Bangladesh right away.   I certainly had to think long and hard about it.  Maybe she just drew a blank as we all have done even on simple things.  She said she has been struggling with the final jeopardy answer of late and she has.  The only difference was until last night she was so far ahead it didn't matter if she lost.  Last night was different.

what troubles me is how many folks here seemed to be rooting for her to lose - why I don't understand.   She was a delightful contestant.  Not arrogant and not  trying to run the categories by starting with the highest dollar amounts like some of the others.   Oh well.  That's my take.   

@Teddixat   Because of the lack of competition. There was no suspense. By final Jeopardy Amy was so far ahead of the other two she was going to win. (Well, til the last game).

Posters here wanted Matt A. to lose too, for the same reason. No need to read any other reason into it. Sheesh. 🙄

Honored Contributor

I read a very interesting interview with her in the paper today. She said traveling and filming 5 shows 2X a week was kind of wearing her out and she knew she wasn't as sharp as she had been (I'm paraphrasing). She was very positive about the experience.

I got a big kick out of Rhone's reaction to his win! It was so much fun and you could see that at first he couldn't believe it! I enjoy librarians and Alex always said they were among the most knowledgeable contestants.  Not the biggest winners but had a very wide range of knowledge. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Spoiler Alert Jeopardy

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 It was reported by several media websites/publications that ratings had soared during Amy's run. I believe it. I liked her.

Respected Contributor

I miss her already.  The competition today was pitiful. They didn't know some of the easiest answers and no one rang in on several.   🙄🙄