Honored Contributor

We have Spectrum/Time warner cable I was trying to find something to watch tonight....that I don't have to pay for...where are all the ON DEMAND channels...I searched thru everything, a lot of the sub headings have very little to watch.  Like the movies, yes, there are the ones you pay for but the free movies were very sparse.

We did watch a spectrum exclusive HUNTED...it was interesting but each episode is maybe 15 minutes long!  You have to keep going back to watch another episode.

I am not paying to watch a movie, our bill is already $200/month.  We have interned, phone and tv thru Spectrum. 

Just venting but I am wondering where all the movies went!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Spectrum/Time Warner....

Hi, @Mom2Dogs !  We have DirecTV but on Saturday nights we watch PBS for Midsomer Murders and Death in Paradise.  Not movies but mysteries.  Midsomer is two episodes from 7:30 pm to 9:00 PDT, Death in Paradise 9:00 to 10:00.  Both are British series and we've really gotten into them.  Could be something to check out.

Honored Contributor

We have Spectrum and pay $191. There are all these options saying Free On Demand, but when you pick them, it will say something like "upgrade to TCM to see this movie". I wish we only saw the choices included in our package.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs , Yesterday I watched 'Self Made' a short series from beginning to conclusion.  Very good and based on a true story.

I also liked the movie 'Wish Man' very much based on a true story.

The price for the service is so high a lot of people won't pay that.

In agreement with you, I won't pay additional fee's to watch a movie they offer.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

We have Spectrum/Time warner cable I was trying to find something to watch tonight....that I don't have to pay for...where are all the ON DEMAND channels...I searched thru everything, a lot of the sub headings have very little to watch.  Like the movies, yes, there are the ones you pay for but the free movies were very sparse.

We did watch a spectrum exclusive HUNTED...it was interesting but each episode is maybe 15 minutes long!  You have to keep going back to watch another episode.

I am not paying to watch a movie, our bill is already $200/month.  We have interned, phone and tv thru Spectrum. 

Just venting but I am wondering where all the movies went!

@Mom2Dogs I just switched from Spectrum to Verizon Fios less than a week ago. This was not due to poor service, but my bill kept going up and my pleas to lower my bill fell on deaf ears. I like you refused to give them a penny more by ordering Movies On Demand. For what they charge they could give you a voucher for at least one free movie a month!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Hi, @Mom2Dogs !  We have DirecTV but on Saturday nights we watch PBS for Midsomer Murders and Death in Paradise.  Not movies but mysteries.  Midsomer is two episodes from 7:30 pm to 9:00 PDT, Death in Paradise 9:00 to 10:00.  Both are British series and we've really gotten into them.  Could be something to check out.

------------------

The Ovation  channel has several good British mystery series every week day morning.  Some are filmed in Canada. 

Midsummer Murders, Murdock Mysteries, Frankie Drake Mysteries and Ms Fisher's Mysteries are on from about 6am to 12 pm...mytime...Mountain time.   I try to watch if I am home...such good stories!!

Some are On Demand too....