Honored Contributor

Re: Speaking of Hallmark Christmas Movies. . .

@BunSnoop  Oh yes, overkill... And the exact same movies (not just the same themes, plots and actors...) over and over and over again... Whoever produces these movies also needs to stop trying to check off all their mandatory boxes related to their formula, story lines, plot devices and casting in each and every movie because by doing so, they seem to get worse every year...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I really like -Journey Back To Christmas- with Candace Cameron Bure.

Honored Contributor

They really do start them too early. There hasn't been much worthwhile on TV in my area, so I'd been watching them somewhat regularly since they started them and am now, that we actually are heading into Christmas, I'm thoroughly tired of them. I'll also note that in my opinion, they seem to become weaker every year. I'm all in favor of the occasional feel-good, mindless entertainment, but they seem to be taking it to a whole other level, and the casting, overall, also seems to become less fortunate every year.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

One thing that annoys me about these movies is that EVERYTHING happens on Christmas Eve.  The big party or, even worse, the lighting of the Christmas Tree.  Considering Hallmark starts the movies in July, it's laughable that they don't have their tree lighting ceremony until Dec 24th!!

LOL doesn't stop me from watching, but I just wanted to say it!!