Honored Contributor

Does anyone here remember the movie Soylent Green?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/

The state of Washington just passed this law:https://joyintruth.com/washington-state-passes-bill-to-allow-composting-of-human-bodies/

Honored Contributor

Re: Soylent Green (the movie)

From what I remember about the movie, human bodies were turned into eatable green chips not compost.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Yes, I remember the movie - it was ..... interesting. Hope we never have to resort to it. 

Honored Contributor

One of the few movies I saw at a theater. I think our folks dropped us off because I wasn't old enough to drive.

Honored Contributor

I saw that movie years ago on TV, Charleton Heston was in that if I'm not mistaken. I think you do whatever you have to to survive, that idea might not be so far off if we can't resolve global warming.

Trusted Contributor

I love movie's with a twist for the ending.

Trusted Contributor

That was a great movie.  Sorry could not read the link you provided.  Just could not face that subject.

Trusted Contributor

One of the all time so-bad-it's-good movies. Charlton Heston, Edward G. Roginson....

Myself, my daughter and my brothers as well as some of my friends have been known to  shout out the famous Charlton Heston tag line:  "Soylent Green is....." in unison at appropriate (and inappropriate) times. I won't spoil the end of the quote. Can't believe anyone hasn't seen the  movie but.....

One of my favorite scenes is the one with Edward G. when he's going off to nirvana. I also like the one in the apartment when the young woman's rare and greatest treat is real strawberry preserves.

Heston was a real drama guy. So many famous quotable lines.....

Like 1984 this movie looks to becoming too close to reality on some levels. Thanks for reminding me of it. I'll have to watch it again.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  Yes, but my point was this is being turned into fertilizer to put on your plants.

Different but similar.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember it, great movie!