Trusted Contributor

I’m still watching (this is one of the few on Bravo that I still watch).

Katherine needs to learn how to talk to people when she’s upset with them. She’s was right when he said she was acting like a child. 

Craig need to find some motivation — so do Austen and Shep for that matter. I can’t understand how grown men in their 30s can live life like they’re still in college. At some point they need to grow up — unless I guess they have family money to live on. 

I’ll be interested to see if Cam feels like she’s gotten a bad edit when it comes to her comments on being a mom. I understand that being a stay at home mom isn’t for everyone but it seems like occasionally she could say something good about the experience. Once this time has passed she’ll never get it back. I was a sahm and while it wasn’t always a joy, I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything. 

I wonder how the women on this show put up with the men???

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Southern Charm

[ Edited ]

@akaburtonfan wrote:

---------------------

I have often wondered what any woman would see in any of these men... maybe their money???  Why would any woman choose anyone of them over someone else??? 

I think Shep and Whitney have family funds.  But I remember seeing an episode with Austin and his dad.  Dad was telling him that he needed to do something that would give him a stable livelihood.   And Craig...don't really know about this family's situation.  Of all, he seems like the most unstable and unfit for life!!

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@akaburtonfan wrote:

---------------------

I have often wondered what any woman would see in any of these men... maybe their money???  Why would any woman choose anyone of them over someone else??? 

I think Shep and Whitney have family funds.  But I remember seeing an episode with Austin and his dad.  Dad was telling him that he needed to do something that would give him a stable livelihood.   And Craig...don't really know about this family's situation.  Of all, he seems like the most unstable and unfit for life!!

@corita   I don't know how long you've been watching but have you seen Craig's family? They seem very normal but of course it's tv. He's from another state but I can't recall where.

Respected Contributor

Re: Southern Charm

[ Edited ]

Craig Conover of Southern Charm-Charlestson is from Delaware and went to school in Charleston, just  never has left. (or apparently done much with his college education!).

Shep has invested in some real estate and possibly owns part or all of  a restaurant/bar---not clear on that.

The alumni magazine from University of Georgia featured Shep in one issue a year or two ago. His apparently highly intelligent and well-read brain outperforms his apparent accomplishments, but I like him.  

Cannot stand Austen.  What a do-nothing and silly-acting wuss.

Anyone notice that the women in this show rarely do or have ever had serious romantic relationshps with the guys.  Most of the  girls are way smarter and more goal-oriented than the guys. 

Danni, possibly, is a bartender or waitress.   Her photo (I'm sure it's her) is featured in a recent Southern Living Magazine issue about nightlife and places to go when visiting Charleston.  She is not identified by name, but it was a closeup photo and her smile is very distinctive.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1  That's it...Delaware. Thanks.

Super Contributor
I'm so happy for Naomi and her new guy! ❤ Poor Craig........still a loser.🙄
Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Valued Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Is anyone still watching this? I keep forgetting it's on. I thought the treehouse winery would be a boring choice of a place to take a girl's trip to. Kathryn is acting very strange. I'm finding the show boring really.

Thought it was me because I was  asking my daughter if she watched it each week and she said no will catch up on it ,but  asked me how it was my answer was so boring  this new season.Thought maybe just getting too old to watch how these young ones live.

Think Cameron better watch what she says about being a Mama cause someday those words will come back and haunt her, and hurt Palmer. .One comment was that she rather be working in an office then being home with her child cause she  doesn't get a paycheck for watching her child OMG.

As crazy as it was last season with Thomas and Ashley it kept me watching and not falling asleep. 

Honored Contributor

After seeing the past few episodes I can see that Cameran clearly doesn't enjoy motherhood. I read that she doesn't ever want to be a stay at home mom. Well she can afford a nanny and work. That way she can work and spend time with her daughter, so she has the best of both worlds, yet I think she still wants to do what she did when she was single and she feels tied to the baby. The things she says and way she acts around her daughter are sad.

Most of the men on this show always look dirty and act like teenagers. I found Kathryn's new boyfriend an odd choice for her. I wonder why she's not with her kids since she wanted them so badly instead of flying all over the country to see men? I still watch the show but don't think it's as good as it once was.

Trusted Contributor

Agree with many of the comments---do like tuning in Smiley Happy

I feel like it is so scripted this season to 'try' and create some drama to get ppl talking about this show.

Cameran wasn't thrilled about making a baby, but I feel it's being edited to make her look like a disinterested parent into a storyline. I mean what else can they do? It'll be interesting (if the show doesn't fold due to boredom) if she has a sibling for Parker down the road. 

Never cared for Shep but surprisingly this season I find I totally agree with his opinions on the other cast members lives and lack of common sense.

Even he seems to have grown up a 'tiny' bit.

Austin, another Craig without the morals. No focus or maturity. His parents see him in the best light. Rose colored glasses. 

Craig said he likes wearing eyeliner bc the ladies dig it? Ok.

Goes well with his nail polish...just another thing scripted and thrown out there to get the ppl talking. 

Chelsea is weak when it comes to Austin. She's too nice and forgiving when clearly disrespected. But I like her.

Kathryn is a narcissist and doesn't deserve Danni's loyalty and friendship. The sooner Danni realizes this and gets away from her the better off she'll be. Narcissistic personality doesn't care about anybody but themselves, including the trap children she had with Ravenal. She's pretty self-centered and calculating. She no more wants to be a FT custodial parent than Cameran. Children with Ravenal = Paydirt. Period.

I like Patricia and Whitney. 

Austin and Madison deserve each other. Chelsea isn't a game-player so clearly not suitable for Austin.

It really does seem like they're grasping to make ppl tune in this season.

I will be Smiley Happy

⚓️
Respected Contributor

Guessing this show isn't that popular among posters but I njoy watching it.  Did anyone watch last night 6/26?  The Nashville trip with the guys, - ironic that Shep and Whitney call Craig "entitled".  Craig was the one out scouting for firewood on their campout whilst Shep n Whitney sat and did nothing but complain about the fire!!  I think they referred to him as entitled when they were out to dinner and the one pair ordered the $180 dollar wine and Austen and Craig ordered an $80 bottle, all the while snickering about how they had better taste and 'earned' their right to afford such.  Both being trust fund silver spoon babies.  I don't blame Craig for being teed off.

Patricia is now inserting her life and home into the mix now with hosting these fancy dinners.  Granted her home is gorgeous and her place settings beautiful, I guess the producers are trying to fill the void left by T Rav.  Introducing Madison and the other rich girl - something Limestone and giving Danni a more prominent role, as well as Naomie and Chelsea.  Not a fan of Naomie.  Kathryn was on her better behavior last night and we learn all of a sudden she broke it off w/her new beau.  Why do people post all these selfies for the world to see?  Yucckkk.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing