Honored Contributor

Southern Charm/ Ravenel arrested

Thomas Ravenel of Southern Charm was booked into jail on Tuesday morning for assault and battery. No further details were immediately available 

Thomas Ravenel, one of the star's of Bravo's Southern Charm, has been arrested on assault and battery charges.

The reality TV figure was taken into custody in Charleston on Tuesday at 10.11am. 

He was booked for second degree assault and battery but no other details were immediately available. 

Ravenel, 56, was accused of sexual assault by his children's former nanny, Dawn Ledwell,in May this year.

She claimed he forcibly raped her in his bedroom at his home after closing the door on her and stripping when she went to collect her coat one evening after she babysat his children.  

He was previously accused of sexually assaulting a woman he met on Tinder in 2015. 

The City of Charleston Police did not respond to DailyMail.com's inquiries on Tuesday morning. 

Ravenel denied both accusations through a lawyer at the time.

Thomas Ravenel of Southern Charm was booked into jail on Tuesday morning for assault and battery. No further details were immediately available 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6206707/Southern-Charm-star-Thomas-Ravenel-arrested-assault...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Southern Charm/ Ravenel arrested

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Thomas Ravenel, one of the star's of Bravo's Southern Charm, has been arrested on assault and battery charges.

The reality TV figure was taken into custody in Charleston on Tuesday at 10.11am. 

He was booked for second degree assault and battery but no other details were immediately available. 

Ravenel, 56, was accused of sexual assault by his children's former nanny, Dawn Ledwell,in May this year.

She claimed he forcibly raped her in his bedroom at his home after closing the door on her and stripping when she went to collect her coat one evening after she babysat his children.  

He was previously accused of sexually assaulting a woman he met on Tinder in 2015. 

The City of Charleston Police did not respond to DailyMail.com's inquiries on Tuesday morning. 

Ravenel denied both accusations through a lawyer at the time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6206707/Southern-Charm-star-Thomas-Ravenel-arrested-assault...

He has a problem..I feel sorry for his kids~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Only 2 people know if any of it is true.  Based on watching the show, I'd say HE probably doesn't even know if it's true (probably drunk).

I've never seen people drink so much as these people on these reality shows.

I come from a family of alcoholics.  They all were and are able to function every day and NEVER have they consumed as much alcohol as I see on these shows.

I was just watching an advertisement for Below Deck and thought, "These people must have a liver soaked in alcohol".

You want to talk about problems with this Country?  Let's start where much of it actually begins....with too much alcohol.  It gives people an excuse (so they think) to do and say things they would normally never do or say...

Honored Contributor

He is one nasty drunk. Drinks too much. Deserves whatever punishment he gets.

Honored Contributor

I'm not really surprised at all. He's a mess on the show - always drunk.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Only 2 people know if any of it is true.  Based on watching the show, I'd say HE probably doesn't even know if it's true (probably drunk).

I've never seen people drink so much as these people on these reality shows.

I come from a family of alcoholics.  They all were and are able to function every day and NEVER have they consumed as much alcohol as I see on these shows.

I was just watching an advertisement for Below Deck and thought, "These people must have a liver soaked in alcohol".

You want to talk about problems with this Country?  Let's start where much of it actually begins....with too much alcohol.  It gives people an excuse (so they think) to do and say things they would normally never do or say...

Amen to that..alcohol destroyed my marriage and my dad...I HATE it! Thankfully my dad went to rehab and never drank again. Its everywhere!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Is anyone surprised???  That man is a mess....never understood what women see in him...other than his money!!!

Respected Contributor

I feel sorry for his children.