Respected Contributor

Southern Charm Jumped the Shark

I had so looked forward to this season.  I really enjoyed this show in the past.  I fell behind a few episodes and tried to catch up last night.  Ugh!!!!  This show has become so scripted now I can't stand it.  In the past it seemed like it was a group of friends hanging out.  Now the producers plan elaborate scenarios - plan conrontations - and assign people sides to take.  It is so obvious that this is not anything spontaneous anymore.  Never would have thought I would miss TRav.  Since he is not on the show anymore they have Whitney on more.....what a bore.  He just stands there.  I think he is just so worried about his reputation, so he doesn't do anything.  When the guys went to the Nashville bar, he was a dud. 

It's over for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Southern Charm Jumped the Shark

I turned it off last night when disgusting Ashley showed back up.

If she stays on the show, I won't be watching anymore and I never missed it before she showed back up.

I read an article yesterday that T Rav has filed for sole custody claiming that Katherine failed a urine drug test for weed, but she immediately submittted a hair drug screen, which she passed.

She had already filed for sole custody after T Rav was charged in multiple sexual assault cases.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

If she stays on the show, I won't be watching anymore and I never missed it before she showed back up.

I read an article yesterday that T Rav has filed for sole custody claiming that Katherine failed a urine drug test for weed, but she immediately submittted a hair drug screen, which she passed.

She had already filed for sole custody after T Rav was charged in multiple sexual assault cases.

@KingstonsMom   Ashley won't be back.  I think she wanted to be able to say that she was a pawn of Thomas', and try to defend herself, which was a joke because she is still the nasty person we know her as.  She is back in California the last I heard, we get all the weirdos, it seems, lol.

How could alcoholic, etc., Ravenel think that a court would give him sole custody, can't stand him.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info @mousiegirl , I'll keep watching as long as she won't be on it, LOL!

Yeah, T Rav is truly delusional, he's just hoping he can stall his cases until the custody battle plays out, but I don't see the courts deciding custody until he's tried and convicted or not.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I gave up on this show a few season's back but turned it on last night because there wasn't anything on that interested me.

I don't know Ashley at all.  What a kook.  She looked so different last night compared to reunion clips they showed.  She looked really pretty last night. On the reunion, not so much.  I wouldn't have even thought they were the same person.  Her horrible personality and attitude outweighs her physical looks.

Craig's ex-girlfriend's lips look ridiculous.  That is a very bad lip job. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@KingstonsMom  I can't stand Ashley. They need to get rid of her. I thought she may add some excitement to the show but as soon as she opens her mouth I want to run LOL. I read about the failed drug test custody battle recently. Patricia has been called to give a deposition though she's trying to fight it. I also read that Kathryn has moved out of that big home she was renting.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I gave up on this show a few season's back but turned it on last night because there wasn't anything on that interested me.

I don't know Ashley at all.  What a kook.  She looked so different last night compared to reunion clips they showed.  She looked really pretty last night. On the reunion, not so much.  I wouldn't have even thought they were the same person.  Her horrible personality and attitude outweighs her physical looks.

Craig's ex-girlfriend's lips look ridiculous.  That is a very bad lip job. 

@Lipstickdiva  ITA with you about Ashley, and yes Naomi looked so much better before she ever had plastic surgery. It's her business, but I find it sad that she felt like she had to have plastic surgery done.

Respected Contributor

I feel sorry for the two kids TRav and Kathryn had.  They were so cute and innocent and unfortunately these 2 'adults' can't get their acts together to provide any kind of stability for them.  I don't like Kathryn, never did never will. 

Why would Shep name his new puppy after Craig?  Isn't that kinda weird?  And why is Craig so angry?  Because Naomie moved on and he cannot?  For someone who graduated law school and could be a lawyer, he doesn't appear to be very smart.  He has a hard time putting a sentence together if you ask me.  And yes, Whitney is boring.  I agree he wants to come across as a cool hip guy - too cool for school - and he's getting on in years.  His Mom looks great and I do njoy her appearances.  We can lose Austen, nothing appealing about him at all, and some of these new girls Eliza, Danni, etc...

I'll still watch out of habit and beause I don't follow any regular network programs, but I can understand people giving up on this.  Not really very entertaining.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Yesterday they had on all the very first episodes and played them all day long from 2014 when the show first started.... I had missed a lot of those earlier episodes and it was interesting to see the characters....( actors???)  early in the show.  So many things have changed for some....  jail for some.... and some characters are still in the same place just older.  

No one has seemed to grow up or become better.  They have just morphed into more   complicated copies of there 2014 selves.  Sad really.  I think they all drink too much. That is what is really sad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I feel sorry for the two kids TRav and Kathryn had.  They were so cute and innocent and unfortunately these 2 'adults' can't get their acts together to provide any kind of stability for them.  I don't like Kathryn, never did never will. 

Why would Shep name his new puppy after Craig?  Isn't that kinda weird?  And why is Craig so angry?  Because Naomie moved on and he cannot?  For someone who graduated law school and could be a lawyer, he doesn't appear to be very smart.  He has a hard time putting a sentence together if you ask me.  And yes, Whitney is boring.  I agree he wants to come across as a cool hip guy - too cool for school - and he's getting on in years.  His Mom looks great and I do njoy her appearances.  We can lose Austen, nothing appealing about him at all, and some of these new girls Eliza, Danni, etc...

I'll still watch out of habit and beause I don't follow any regular network programs, but I can understand people giving up on this.  Not really very entertaining.

@jellyBEAN  Yes. With situations such as this it's the kids that always suffer, and Thomas and Kathryn are both a mess. I read he accused her of buying urine online to pass drug tests and wearing hair extensions and wigs to pas hair follicle type drug tests.

That doesn't mean it's true, but I don't trust either one of them. She's always running around with men though she says she wants to be with her kids. I don't like that about her. Even though she's young and pretty she needs to put her kids first.

I can't stand Austin, and Whitney is trying to fit in with a younger group. Maybe that's why he doesn't say too much. I read his age and he's in his early fifties. I believe the others are in their 30's or so. Patricia looks great for someone in her late 70's even if she has had work done. She's got several degrees as well. One is in art history and has an impressive background. I find her interesting though she's probably only on the show due to Whitney being the producer.