Honored Contributor

Tomorrow night at 10:00 on CNN is a new series, Soundtracks. I believe it will be a different era each week with music that served as a backdrop to that time. Tomorrow night is The Assassination of Martin Luther King,Jr. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2, I saw a promo for this and while I don't watch these kinds of shows anyway, I was quite annoyed by them throwing 9/11 in there.  IMO no song is connected to or could evoke 9/11. 

The only legitimate sounds of 9/11 are screaming, the sounds of impact of the three planes, screaming, fire raging, the Towers falling, more screaming, humans splattering on the pavement, and even more screaming. 

Anything else is in bad taste and dishonors the memory of those we lost.  JMO.   Only yesterday yet another first responder was buried in White Plains from cancer due to working the pile on 9/11.

But if you watch, I'd be curious what song they claim evokes 9/11.

Honored Contributor

You had me up until,

"But if you watch, I'd be curious...."

Kinda negates the care & concern before it.

Classic case of 'want you cake & eat it too."

You want the info, but will judge everyone watching.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

You had me up until,

"But if you watch, I'd be curious...."

Kinda negates the care & concern before it.

Classic case of 'want you cake & eat it too."

You want the info, but will judge everyone watching.

@sidsmom, that is an ignorant and nasty post.  You don't know me and my life.  "Want (my) cake and eat it too"?  About 9/11?  How dare you..

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Jordan2, I saw a promo for this and while I don't watch these kinds of shows anyway, I was quite annoyed by them throwing 9/11 in there.  IMO no song is connected to or could evoke 9/11. 

The only legitimate sounds of 9/11 are screaming, the sounds of impact of the three planes, screaming, fire raging, the Towers falling, more screaming, humans splattering on the pavement, and even more screaming. 

Anything else is in bad taste and dishonors the memory of those we lost.  JMO.   Only yesterday yet another first responder was buried in White Plains from cancer due to working the pile on 9/11.

@LoriLori, I'll watch the first episode and see how it goes.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2, thanks for respecting my post and sorry to inadvertently bring ugliness into your thread.  People say some strange stuff around here but that response to my post is one of the oddest, most insensitive I've ever seen. 

I just googled the series and it's produced by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and the 9/11 Museum had a screening of the episode at Tribeca -- that got my attention.  They don't speak for everyone but since they found cultural value in it my mind will be more open to it. 

Maybe "Soundtracks" is just not a good descriptive name for an interesting concept.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I agree with you regarding a soundtrack to it, but it did inspire a lot of music after the fact. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Jordan2, thanks for respecting my post and sorry to inadvertently bring ugliness into your thread.  People say some strange stuff around here but that response to my post is one of the oddest, most insensitive I've ever seen. 

I just googled the series and it's produced by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and the 9/11 Museum had a screening of the episode at Tribeca -- that got my attention.  They don't speak for everyone but since they found cultural value in it my mind will be more open to it. 

Maybe "Soundtracks" is just not a good descriptive name for an interesting concept.

@LoriLori, it's okay, don't give it a second thought. I don't let people I don't know bother me with their negative comments. 

Trusted Contributor

I am going to give it a try. See how they approach history with music. 

Honored Contributor

I watched this and thought it was well done. It really isn't about the music. It takes a historical event and gives the viewer a chance to learn about something they might not know much about. The music is more or less an enhancement to it. I don't think the show is trying to make light of the event. I'm looking forward to the 9/11 episode as I am a native New Yorker.