Honored Contributor

No offense to anyone, but I have always hated that song.  Clearly I am in the minority.

However, I love Good Will Hunting. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

OMG - one day I was driving by my  first husband's workplace and his car was parked outside. I wrote him a  dirty note using lyrics from this song, but embellished them. Well, one of the guys that worked for him saw it on his windshield so he took it off & unfortunately read it, before giving it to my husband. They teased him to no end about it and he was so embarressed. A few days later they stopped me as I drove by on my way home from work & also teased me - however - I just said there was nothing wrong with enjoying sex with someone you love.That sorta stopped them in their tracks, but my poor shy hubby was still so embarrassed.

Honored Contributor

I like knowing CBS had all day coverage of the Bicentennial, with Dan Rather no less.  

Honored Contributor

@Granny Smith, just had to tell you, I watched the end of Good Will Hunting today, and that's absolutely, where I heard the song at. Thank you. Mystery solved. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

QualityGal,.  I think Granny nailed it.  Look at this clip from the end of Good Will Hunting.   It has that car going down the road...

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+song+plays+at+the+end+of+good+will+hunting&oq=what+song+plays+a...

Oh Goldie I saw this only just now. You are correct too, that's it. LOL mystery solved. LOL

Honored Contributor

The song playing in this clip is "Miss Misery" not afternoon dellight.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

No offense to anyone, but I have always hated that song.  Clearly I am in the minority.

However, I love Good Will Hunting. Smiley Happy

@faeriemoon, I'm the exact opposite, I hated Good Will Hunting but love the song, Afternoon Delight.  LOL!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

A one-hit-wonder from the Starland Vocal Band.

You are absolutely right.  I remember it well. Bill Danoff was the lead singer.  His son Owen tried out for The Voice and made it to 11th place.  He has a pleasant voice.

Trusted Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

A one-hit-wonder from the Starland Vocal Band.

Hi MamaWick.......I actually got to see them perform at the 1st John Denver concert I went to...they were the opening act before John came on.....this was before John made it BIG, then he certainly didn't need an opening act...I always liked that song.

I really miss JD,  I belive I attended at least 6 of his concerts...all worth every penney...

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

The song playing in this clip is "Miss Misery" not afternoon dellight.

You're right and I looked at the soundtrack for Good Will Hunting and Afternoon Delight is not to be found. The mystery remains.