Honored Contributor

I love this show !  I'm learning so much about different cultures  within our own country and the foods that bring us together. If you haven't seen this program it features Vivian Howard , a restaurateur in North Carolina. Tonight's show featured greens, and showed all of the different kinds and different methods of preparation.  It is truly fascinating, and it is on Friday at 9:00 on PBS. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

thanks @QVCkitty1 . I didn't know she has a new show. I really enjoyed A Chef's Life when it was on PBS.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

Vivian is wonderful; love this show!  I believe there's only 3 episodes left.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

@kutira wrote:

Vivian is wonderful; love this show!  I believe there's only 3 episodes left.

I just found it available "on demand". yay! Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Thanks I set my dvrSmiley Happy

Contributor

I'm so glad you brought this up. I love this show. I watch "A Chef's Life" on Saturday on PBS and came across this recently. She is so thoughtful and intelligent with her questions and conversations with her guests. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1   I watched it, so interesting.  I am surprised she didn't have a consequence from eating so many greens, lol.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I love this show !  I'm learning so much about different cultures  within our own country and the foods that bring us together. If you haven't seen this program it features Vivian Howard , a restaurateur in North Carolina. Tonight's show featured greens, and showed all of the different kinds and different methods of preparation.  It is truly fascinating, and it is on Friday at 9:00 on PBS. 

I enjoyed this show.  Didn't know there were so many ways to cook greens and serve them.  My favorites are collard and mustard greens mixed together.  I love  themSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Her show is thoughtful, almost like watching Anthony Bourdain

She sure does her research.   

I'm really glad she's shining a light on Native Americans and African Americans.

Their cultural history can be tragic but so much good comes out of it too, they should be celebrated for their contributions as well.

Frequent Contributor

I was surprised to see this show on my TV listings and I watched the greens episode last week.   Ms. Howard has such a unique perspective.  It's thoroughly enjoyable.  LOVE!

I only wish I could have a taste of her creations in real time!