Trusted Contributor

I'm watching The Price is Right and wondering if they tell the audiences to make a lot of noise and scream when they get the price right because it is ear busting sometimes and I have to mute the tv. Well, just as I was thinking that,  the sound cut off on the programming!!  Did someone hear me?? lol

It's back now. Spooky

Respected Contributor

Yes, they have signs to applaud, a warm up emcee to create enthusiasm etc.

Honored Contributor

It's been awhile now.  I had to quit watching that show, when the people from the audiance were called and they got stupider and stupider going down the aisle.  That just made me crazier.  I said crazier!! Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I used to enjoy the show, but stopped watching shortly after Drew Carey took over.  Not that I don't like him, but these days the audience acts so incredibly stupid I am embarassed to be a human being.  Feel the same way about everyone running and falling all over the host.  Disgusting. I flipped across the channel today just in time to see a woman falling to her back on the floor.  Why people? Can't you be at least a little dignified?  

Respected Contributor

I agree. I have been complaining for a while. The sign says applause not scream at the top of your lungs. Then they have microphones that make it worse. Even Drew & the announcer scream. We know its a brand new car we don't need BRAND NEW CAR. Then all the contestants act like idiots rolling on the floor & so forth. I keep turning it down & all you get is the noise & cannot hear anything else.

Valued Contributor

For those very reasons, I prefer Jeopardy. 

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~