Honored Contributor

Some very early Big Brother 23 rumors.

Word is we'll get a bit of a later start to the Big Brother season this year with the first show airing on/around July seventh and the season running through September. (That's around an 85 day season if you trust the rumors.) Reportedly an all-new cast. (Good.)  We'll supposedly meet the cast on or around June 30th. Julie did her promo photoshoot at the jury house recently. Supposedly multiple house themes are still being discussed with four main options in the running. Everyone in the cast has to be vaccinated or they won't be allowed in. The same Covid protocols as last year will still be in place. They're expecting a more diverse cast. (BB21 the last "normal" season had a pretty diverse cast also.) If you believe the rumors, we're about six weeks from the cast reveal and seven weeks from the start of the new season. It'll get here pretty quickly.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some very early Big Brother 23 rumors.

I saw some articles saying there would be an early start at the end of June but not surprised it's been delayed as usual. Not complaining (I promise, lol) especially since July 7th isn't that much of a delay. 

Thanks for the update @gardenman. I agree, six weeks will go by quickly--sometimes it goes by too quickly. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The July 7th start date has gone from being a rumor to being confirmed very quickly. Normally rumors linger out there in the ether for a bit before either being confirmed or dying. This one barely made it eight hours before it was confirmed. CBS is making a pretty aggressive push for Big Brother this year. We're seven-plus weeks out and they're already pushing promos for BB. Julie's publicity photos have been shot. We're seeing the official BB social media pages getting active. Interesting.

I'm guessing they're hoping BB drives more viewers to sign up for Paramount+. (And it probably will.) Word is the live feeds will start as soon as the first live show ends and there will be no more day one evictions. All very good if true. We'll see. It looks like it'll be an active BB preseason this year.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Frequent Contributor

I saw a commercial advertising the Big Brother premier date last night during one of their prime time shows. It's  the earliest announcement I can remember. Can't wait for the new season Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kittymom11 wrote:

I saw a commercial advertising the Big Brother premier date last night during one of their prime time shows. It's  the earliest announcement I can remember. Can't wait for the new season Woman Happy

Yeah, they're really promoting it this year. Moreso than they have in the past. They'll be competing against the summer Olympics for part of the season so I guess they're trying to build a lot of preseason momentum. It's interesting to watch. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I am looking forward to @gardenman's daily updates, as well as the nuggets from our GardenGirls as well!  It is my favorite time of year to wake up and read the updates, and follow our favorites each week!!

Esteemed Contributor

For what makes an interesting cast is different age groups and not the token older person. If I don't say it, Gardeman does a fabulous job on Big Brother threads. A real pleasure.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

The lovely Spoilergirl1 on Twitter, who's reasonably accurate in her stuff, says the theme for BB 23 will be "New Beginnings." Hmmm....A new house? New comps? New rules? New what? We know we have a new casting team, so there's that. We'll have to see what happens. Expect more rumors on a fairly regular basis now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@gardenman - Can't wait til BB starts so I can read your reviews and theories of what's happening. You have a real flare for writing and your posts are very enjoyable. Hope you are well.   

Valued Contributor

I read where it's going to be a beachy theme this year but who knows.  New beginnings doesn't sound like a beachy theme to me.  I just wish it would be a new location instead. Look forward to watching this summer.