Respected Contributor

Re: Some of Your Favorite Character Actors

[ Edited ]

@just bee. Thelma Ritter

Nancy Walker

Great Thread. Thanks. Names keep popping up days later.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Simmons

J.K. Simmons

-

He was so evil in HBO series "Oz."

@Highlands72

I like to think of him in Whiplash, then think of him in the Farmers Insurance commercials.  I have a bit of a crush maybe.

@just bee I agree. He was so, so bad in Oz. I also only try to think of him in Whiplash, Farmers and my favorite, The Closer. He was great in that role.

@Coquille

I watched Counterpart and am looking forward to Season 2 in December.  I enjoyed seeing him tackle a dual role.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Simmons

J.K. Simmons

-

@Highlands72

I like to think of him in Whiplash, then think of him in the Farmers Insurance commercials.  I have a bit of a crush maybe.

@just bee I agree. He was so, so bad in Oz. I also only try to think of him in Whiplash, Farmers and my favorite, The Closer. He was great in that role.

@Coquille

I watched Counterpart and am looking forward to Season 2 in December.  I enjoyed seeing him tackle a dual role.

@just bee I didn't know about that series. I'm going to watch it. Thanks. I think he's underrated as an actor.

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Highlands72 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

J.K. Simmons

-

@Highlands72

@Coquille

@just bee I didn't know about that series. I'm going to watch it. Thanks. I think he's underrated as an actor.

@Coquille

I try to avoid getting involved in series TV, but I had to watch this one. 

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee. There are so few good shows on tv, that if there's a good series I'm happy. I got into The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The first few episodes I questioned but then really liked it. Who knows what the next season will bring. I find that some series start out well, then deflate.

I'm looking forward to watching Counterpart. Was he intense or sedate in the role, as the character?

Respected Contributor

Eleanor Parker

I think she would be considered a character actress.   

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@just bee. There are so few good shows on tv, that if there's a good series I'm happy. I got into The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The first few episodes I questioned but then really liked it. Who knows what the next season will bring. I find that some series start out well, then deflate.

I'm looking forward to watching Counterpart. Was he intense or sedate in the role, as the character?

@Coquille

Both!  He plays two very different characters.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@Coquille

Both!  He plays two very different characters.

@just bee Intriguing! 🤔

Respected Contributor

MADELINE KAHN

One of my favorites of all time. 

Honored Contributor

Agnes Moorehead from Bewitched.  When watching movies on Turner Classic movies she is in quite a few.

Eve Arden she was also in many movies.  Nice question. Thanks.Smiley Happy