Honored Contributor

Some Big Brother news. Nothing major.

Robyn Kass who's cast every season of BB except for BBOTT is not doing the casting for season 23. That could be interesting. BB has reportedly committed to a much more diverse cast this year representing more groups of people. A new casting director could lead to a better season. (God willing.) No word yet on a Celebrity BB, but the last I heard CBS was still considering it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Some Big Brother news. Nothing major.

Sounds good to me.  

Respected Contributor

Good to hear about including more age groups. Makes for a more interesting show. 

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

Good to hear about including more age groups. Makes for a more interesting show. 

I'm not so sure about the age groups. When they talked about diversity they were indicating more of a mix of races, and backgrounds. They want African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, Asian-Americans, etc. From what they said at the end of the last season the caucasian heterosexual will be the exception on the cast instead of the mainstay of the cast. The casts have been mostly caucasian heterosexuals to this point. If things hold true to what they said maybe just two of the cast will be caucasian heterosexuals and the other fourteen a mixture of other ethnicities and backgrounds.

If you go back to the last non-all star season, season 21 for example, in the caucasian hetero category you had Cliff, Nicole, Jackson, Holly (part Native American maybe?), Christie, Nick, Kat, Jack, and Sam. David and Kemi were the African-Americans. Jessica was the Hispanic -American, Analyse was the Middle Eastern-American (Iranian?), Ovi was a Bangladeshi-American. Tommy was a caucasian gay male. And Bella was the Asian-American. That seemed like a pretty diverse cast, but they want it even more diverse going forward. Half the cast was caucasian/hetero and they want it even smaller going forward. 

We'll get something of a preview by BB Canada's cast. They've opted to go in the same direction and BB Canada should start in February/March. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting news@gardenman . I wonder how Robyn feels about it. After all the negativity surrounding her choices, season after season, I'd think she would be relieved. Yet, somehow, I doubt she is, lol.

Thanks for the update. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

So glad to hear this.  I was so sick of the young Barbie dolls, handsome young men, token gay, token African American and finally the token old guy here and there.  Same group year after year. They needed to get rid of Robyn Kass years ago.  Other countries that have BB don't do that.  

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Interesting news@gardenman . I wonder how Robyn feels about it. After all the negativity surrounding her choices, season after season, I'd think she would be relieved. Yet, somehow, I doubt she is, lol.

Thanks for the update. Smiley Happy

I think it was the people who cast Survivor (or was it The Amazing Race?) who cast BBOTT. Viewers felt the BBOTT cast was very good. If they use the same casting people, BB23 could be good. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman 

The BBOTT cast had some of my all time favorite players--Morgan Willett, her sister Alex, and Shelby, but there were also players like Kryssie, Jason Roy, and that quiet guy, Shane, whose gross personality seemed to intensify when the sun went down, lol.

I looked up it up for a refresher and was shocked to see Kryssie made it to third place! I don't know how I forgot about that. Then I remembered the entire group that called themselves the Late Night Jamboree. They were so creepy! Not sure I would want a repeat of that insanity! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 

The fact that Kryssie made it to the final three after nearly bleeding to death on the wall comp was remarkable. Morgan, Alex, Shelby, Whitney, Scott, Justin, Monte, and even Cornbread were interesting on the heroes side. The villains were nicely cast with Jason, Kryssie, Daniele, Neely, and others. Morgan winning in the end was great.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

I hope they recast the girl who feared clowns.  Hysterical!